2017 Application

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, asteggy said:

Congrats on the interview invites! Do either of you guys mine sharing your stats?

Still patiently waiting!!

Thanks @asteggy! Stats are as follows:

• Bachelors degree in nursing
  • Undergrad cum GPA of 3.83
  • Science overall GPA of 3.82
  • Around 6,000 hours both volunteer and paid

Hello everyone! I received an invite on September 26th! This might be the most exciting thing in the world considering that this is my 2nd year applying to PA schools but the first year that I have applied to UC Davis. This year alone I applied to 10 schools and have received denials from 5 of them so far. It's a hard pill to swallow but this made up for it in a major way! I know stats are important to everyone so here are mine: 

Bachelors Degree in Spanish Linguistics and Zoology 

Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology ( I worked as a Registered Veterinary Nurse for nearly 12 years and specialized in critical care). 

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.7

Cumulative Undergrad Science GPA: 3.6

Cumulative Post-Grad GPA: 4.0

Cumulative Post-Grad Science GPA: 4.0

I have 15,000+ hours in veterinary medicine (not being considered from what I understand) and 2,000+ hours of volunteer/shadowing in human medicine in a variety of fields (public health, psychiatry, PA shadowing, pediatric intensive care, surgery, and adult intensive care). 

I sure hope that helps! I am really a bag of cats! Hahaha! I look forward to meeting you all at the interview day! 

Hey everyone okay so it's official. We will be meeting up the night before each interview day at the following location: 

Lowbrau 

1050 20th St. Sacramento, CA 95811

All days will be at the same location.

Here are the times for each specific date:

* Monday October 16 at 5pm

* Wednesday October 18th at 6:30pm

* Thursday October 19th at 6pm

* Monday October 23rd at 5pm 

It's going to be super casual. Please don't feel obligated to drink. I recommend you Uber or Lyft to the location since parking can be tough. You should be receiving an e-mail with a sign up date by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Thanks guys! Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope to see you all there.

9 hours ago, Emyc63 said:

Hey everyone okay so it's official. We will be meeting up the night before each interview day at the following location: 

Lowbrau 

It's going to be super casual. Please don't feel obligated to drink. I recommend you Uber or Lyft to the location since parking can be tough. You should be receiving an e-mail with a sign up date by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Thanks guys! Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope to see you all there.

How long do you think you guys will stay for each meet up? I fly in to Sacramento at 5:30 on the 16th! I'm hoping to meet up for a little bit, but if not, no worries. I appreciate that you guys are even doing this!

For those of you wondering if they're still sending invites, I received an invite last night (10/4). So hopefully that means you guys will too. I'll be going to Candidate Visit Day on 10/24. Flying from Tampa, FL. I'm definitely down to meet up the night before! Good luck to all! :D

Hi everyone, I'll be flying into Sacramento on the 15th from Iowa for the Candidate Visit on the 17th. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at the meet up at Lowbrau! Any locals or current students have any recommendations for good coffee shops or other places to study/interview prep at?

On October 4, 2017 at 0:16 PM, Emyc63 said:

Lowbrau 

I will be there the night of the 16th! Thank you so much for putting this together!

On 9/28/2017 at 4:47 PM, wazokie8 said:

Hey man, if you don't mind me asking. Where are you flying out from? Maybe we can meet up out there. 

On 9/29/2017 at 8:44 PM, wazokie8 said:

I’ll be flying or drivIng out there hopefully the 15th and I will interview on the 17th... if anyone wants to meet up and chat, let me know. 

I heard the PA students plan to have an event the night before the interview. We should all check it out.

21 hours ago, bwell92 said:

How long do you think you guys will stay for each meet up? I fly in to Sacramento at 5:30 on the 16th! I'm hoping to meet up for a little bit, but if not, no worries. I appreciate that you guys are even doing this!

We will be there for a few hours at least so no worries :)

On 10/5/2017 at 6:59 PM, StephanieHampton said:

So based on a previous posters email they're doing rolling interview invites? So I don't have to give up hope yet right? 

No rolling interviews. Four Candidate Visit days. About 240 applicants invited plus a few replacements for those who were originally invited, but turned down the interview. Attending the Candidate Visit day is necessary to be offered the Supplemental Application (the most important component of the application process).

I emailed them as well. I was concerned cause I talked to admissions earlier this year and they said I was a competitive applicant, but have yet to receive an invite and I applied May 22nd and there have been others who applied after me and have gotten invites. I feel like their response was automated message, and it did not answer my question. 

Archived