2017 Application

8 hours ago, Confucius said:

For the current students and/or anyone who may know,

Does it mean that you are accepted in the program once you received an invitation for supplemental application? If not, how many people do they invite amongst the pool of applicants who had initial interview? Thanks!

I have the same question too. It seems like people who did not attend Candidate Day are the only ones receiving rejection emails? Super curious!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ChristineQLe said:

It means you qualify out of all the applicants to fill out a supplemental application. Once submitted They will evaluate it further to see if you qualify for an interview for admissions to the pa program at ucD. 

Correct. If you have not received a rejection letter, it means that you have not been rejected and are still an applicant. The supplemental application is the next step in the process. You will know very clearly whether you have been rejected, waitlisted or accepted.

11 hours ago, PhaTran said:

Thanks for your advice. by the way, is there any way I can find the faculty list and research experience they have been doing? There is a question regarding to faculty that I am having difficult time with. 

Thanks!

The website is your friend. Spend some time looking through it. Also, don't worry about research--you won't be doing any of that in the program outside possibly doing literature review for a capstone project at the end. PAs typically do not do research. Only a rare handful are Principal Investigates. My suggestion would be to more fully discover what the UC Davis PA Program is all about, what sets it apart from other school, why this program is the best fit for you and why you are the best fit for the school.

1 minute ago, ryebread203 said:

The website is your friend. Spend some time looking through it. Also, don't worry about research--you won't be doing any of that in the program outside possibly doing literature review for a capstone project at the end. PAs typically do not do research. Only a rare handful are Principal Investigates. My suggestion would be to more fully discover what the UC Davis PA Program is all about, what sets it apart from other school, why this program is the best fit for you and why you are the best fit for the school.

I was stuck with that issue as well. Thank you for your advise! 

For the PA hopefuls who received the supplemental, last year they invited 100 people to fill out the supplemental applications and they chose 65 students out of that 100 for seats. Not sure how they did it for the NP applicants. Congratulations guys and good luck! My best advice is to treat it as though it is another CASPA. Carefully edit it and make sure there aren't any mistakes/errors. PM me with any questions. 

I interviewed at UC Davis and just received the supplemental a few days ago! I was thrilled beyond reason! The interview experience there can't be matched! I really enjoyed touring the school, meeting all the hopefuls, and getting to know the current 1st year students. The "meet and greet" really helped take the edge off. I felt like I left there feeling very confident and positive. I am really happy I went to it! 

Good luck to everyone still waiting on responses and to those who were invited to complete the supplemental! This is a great school! 

Current first year weighing here. First off, sorry about the multiple rejection email's. That isn't very professional. Hopefully I can put some of you at ease though. Like many of you, I was also worried about the most recent PANCE scores. After talking to some of the students, it really looks like that was the result of difficult transition process from the med school to the nursing school. Fortunately, I really think this has prompted the school to listen to the students concerns. Many things have been changed, even from last year, and I feel really happy with my decision. Most teachers know all 95 of us by name, guest lecture's have been great, student run clinics are a incredibly helpful, classes are structured very well, and rumor even has it the most recent PANCE scores were in the 90's (although official stats won't be released until spring so take that with a grain of salt). Our anatomy professor has even been sitting in on all our medicine classes so she can improve/tailor her (already great) class for you guys. As far as advice for the supplemental, take it seriously. I remember thinking it was just a formality, but it definitely stills plays an important role in the admission decision so make sure to put some thought into it.  Good luck!!

Can anyone offer clarification for the secondary application. The attached document UC Davis sent with the next steps for the secondary app included three essays from what I understand:

The Statement of Purpose (4000 characters)

Personal History and Diversity (4000 characters)

Future Interests of Goals (2000 characters)

But the online application only gives two essay spaces for the Statement of Purpose and Personal History and Diversity statement. Where do we enter our Future Interests of Goals statement?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

43 minutes ago, m2390 said:

Can anyone offer clarification for the secondary application. The attached document UC Davis sent with the next steps for the secondary app included three essays from what I understand:

The Statement of Purpose (4000 characters)

Personal History and Diversity (4000 characters)

Future Interests of Goals (2000 characters)

But the online application only gives two essay spaces for the Statement of Purpose and Personal History and Diversity statement. Where do we enter our Future Interests of Goals statement?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

m2390,

The section immediately following "Statement of Purpose/Personal History and Diversity Statement" is "Future Interests or Goals" section. You will want to enter your submission there. If you are on the "Statement of Purpose/Personal History and Diversity Statement", click "save and continue" to move forward to "Future Interests or Goals".

You are able to jump around the application. Avoid clicking "Submit" until you review every section and make sure you are comfortable and confident on your answers. I'd recommend making a checklist from the attached document and place a checkbox next to each one to make certain you have completed it.

Hope this helps.

Future Interests or Goals.png

1 hour ago, peakPA said:

Every confused after reading this thread, as I have had zero contact from the program and applied in June. It sounds as if the interview days are over but I havent gotten a rejection yet. 

Since you haven't heard from UC Davis, you might want to ask them through email to check if they can provide any feedback. I was on the same boat and emailed them to get a response that they weren't able to offer me an interview. The responding time was within two days.

On 11/16/2017 at 1:38 PM, peakPA said:

Every confused after reading this thread, as I have had zero contact from the program and applied in June. It sounds as if the interview days are over but I havent gotten a rejection yet. 

I have not either. I emailed them last week and all they said was they are still reviewing apps. I’m sure my rejection email is coming since I wasn’t invited to candidate day

Archived