2017 Application

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AllisonD said:

Hey guys! I also received an invitation today- congrats to everyone! Does anyone have any information about what the visit entails?

AllisonD, congrats to you and the others who were invited to the Candidate Visit Days. Its a big accomplishment. You will get more information from the admissions staff in the come days. For now, you can look back on my July 29 post in this thread for some specifics about what last year's "interview" was like.

Recieved an interview invite today! This was the first contact the school has had with me. I am thinking of going on 10/24.

Here are my stats:

GRE: Verbal 157, Quantitative 160, Writing 3.5

GPA: Overall 3.53, Science 3.56

Direct Patient Care: 1150 hours

Volunteer: 250 hours

PA Shadowing: 100 hours

Good luck to everyone on their interviews! :)

2 hours ago, ryebread203 said:

AllisonD, congrats to you and the others who were invited to the Candidate Visit Days. Its a big accomplishment. You will get more information from the admissions staff in the come days. For now, you can look back on my July 29 post in this thread for some specifics about what last year's "interview" was like.

Thank you so much! 

6 hours ago, Emyc63 said:

Hey everyone! My friends and I (current UCD first years) are going to organize a meet and greet each night before interviews (just like last year). Let me know if this interests you guys. Again, congrats!

Thank you for being very thoughtful. 

Please count me in. I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

7 hours ago, Emyc63 said:

Hey everyone! My friends and I (current UCD first years) are going to organize a meet and greet each night before interviews (just like last year). Let me know if this interests you guys. Again, congrats!

Ill be interviewing on the 20th, meeting up with everybody the night of the 19th would be awesome! Thanks so much. You have a place in mind?

On 9/27/2017 at 0:40 AM, California said:

Today, 9/26, I received an invitation by email! I am truly excited and words can not describe it. I chose 10/17 for the PA interview. 

Congratulations to those who received and will be receiving invites. Many blessings.

I will see you there then!

4 minutes ago, Kate95 said:

I applied 06/15 and have not heard about an invite to the candidate dates.  Should I be worried? Are more to come? I also have no received any rejection either.  Thank you! And congratulations to those who have heard.

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I'm hopinggg there will be more to come:) 

On 9/27/2017 at 1:49 PM, Emyc63 said:

I am very interested, i interview on 10/17. Very excited to meet everyone (: 

On 9/26/2017 at 9:40 PM, California said:

Today, 9/26, I received an invitation by email! I am truly excited and words can not describe it. I chose 10/17 for the PA interview. 

Congratulations to those who received and will be receiving invites. Many blessings.

Hey man, if you don't mind me asking. Where are you flying out from? Maybe we can meet up out there. 

What are you females wearing for your interview? I've mostly got super formal and more business casual clothes so I know I've got to buy something in between. I'd love to meet up the evening before! I was originally going to interview on the 17th but I just changed it to the 24th due to work. 

On 9/27/2017 at 4:49 PM, Emyc63 said:

Hey all, I will by flying out for the 17th date. Would love to meet up but will not arrive at SMF until 2330 on the 16th. Maybe you guys can facetime me in or something (if the flight has wifi).  I'm coming all the way from the great state of North Carolina, excited to see what all the west coast buzz is about.

Hey Guys, 

My interview date is on 10/19. 

I would love to meet and discuss our reasons for choosing the PA profession. 

I am flying in on the 18th, and should be in town around 1800. Ill be staying 5 minutes from campus. 

Feel free to contact me: 

Davidr14@uw.edu

Hi all! New to the forum... decided it was a good idea to join now that my PA journey is becoming more real! I was invited to the Candidate Day last week via email and chose 10/20 for my date. Excited doesn't even begin to describe the feeling! It looks as though there's a few of you who chose the same day, so I'm looking forward to meeting you soon! Also, I'm definitely interested in meeting with the first year class the night before... what a great idea @Emyc63!

I accepted my invitation for the 17th. So happy that we are this much closer to acceptance! UCD is my top choice school and I'm a Sacramento native, so excited is an understatement.

Anyone have any information on what the timeline/process is like after interview day? When supplemental applications go out and when decisions are made?

Archived