2017 Application

58 minutes ago, SSantospa said:

I emailed them as well. I was concerned cause I talked to admissions earlier this year and they said I was a competitive applicant, but have yet to receive an invite and I applied May 22nd and there have been others who applied after me and have gotten invites. I feel like their response was automated message, and it did not answer my question. 

I'm trying to stay hopeful until I get a rejection letter. Hopefully we will here something soon

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!! 

Just found out about this forum and so happy I did! I got an invitation and will be there on 10/20. So excited to meet everyone but hoping I’m not the only nervous one. Lol kind of freaking out inside but in a good way. I’m flying in on 10/19 and would totally like to meet up if anyone is interested! I’m also going to the meet and greet get together the night before the “interview”. Can’t wait to see everyone! 

Hello all,

I was recently offered an invitation and signed up for the 10/24 interview. 

I'll be driving into Sacramento on 10/22 from the LA area. Signed up for the meet and greet, and can't wait to connect with those of you who will also be there for the 10/24 interview.

I'd also be happy to ease some nerves and get to know each other by chatting here or via email--smpiper7788@gmail.com. Hit me up! Best of luck to everyone. 

Steven 

hey guys! new to this forum, but so excited to meet some of you at the interview! I'll be attending the October 20th session. I'm flying in late the night before (wasn't able to get work off), so unfortunately won't be able to attend the meet and greet, but looking forward to seeing everyone day of :)

For those of you still hanging in there: Don't lose hope! You'll either get an interview here, or another great school on your list! And don't freak out too much about "stats". I have a 3.2 overall and science GPA and got the interview offer on 09/26. There's no guaranteed formula to getting in anywhere-just keep up the good work, find ways to stand out, and continue expressing your passion about pursuing this career. 

Good luck to everyone! 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, cdkruse said:

Hi everyone, I'll be flying into Sacramento on the 15th from Iowa for the Candidate Visit on the 17th. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at the meet up at Lowbrau! Any locals or current students have any recommendations for good coffee shops or other places to study/interview prep at?

Old Soul at Weatherstone is my go to coffee place.  It is in Midtown, maybe three miles from the school.  Other good coffee shops include Temple and Identity.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, bwell92 said:

How long do you think you guys will stay for each meet up? I fly in to Sacramento at 5:30 on the 16th! I'm hoping to meet up for a little bit, but if not, no worries. I appreciate that you guys are even doing this!

I'll be coming from my rotation and will likely be a bit late myself.  When we did them last year I'm pretty sure we were there several hours for each meet up.  Airport is about 25 minutes from the midtown area where Lowbrau is.  You'll have our contact info if you need to get ahold of us for help getting there or just to check if there are still people there to talk to.

--Phil

Question for current students,

I'm flying in late on the 16th and I'm trying to do an Air BNB to save $$.  Does anybody familiar with the interview location know if there is a "reception" or "common" area where I could drop a small suitcase and leave it (Securely) until the visit day is over with?

Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, pswhite said:

Old Soul at Weatherstone is my go to coffee place.  It is in Midtown, maybe three miles from the school.  Other good coffee shops include Temple and Identity.

I'll be coming from my rotation and will likely be a bit late myself.  When we did them last year I'm pretty sure we were there several hours for each meet up.  Airport is about 25 minutes from the midtown area where Lowbrau is.  You'll have our contact info if you need to get ahold of us for help getting there or just to check if there are still people there to talk to.

--Phil

Thanks Phil!  I'll plan on heading over straight from the airport. I'll call or text when I'm on my way. I'm looking forward to meeting you and the other students/applicants then! 

Hi y'all,

I thought I had stopped in to introduce myself but I guess not as of yet. First off, thanks so much to the current first years for being such great ambassadors for the program and organizing the meet and greets.  We are a friendly family and I hope y'all get a chance to experience that in the coming week.

I'm Phil, a current second year in the dual NP/PA program so I am off on my clinical rotations right now.  However, my current rotation is at the hospital in surgery, so I'll be stopping in for the first two interview days for any questions about second year and rotations.  However, the speaker slots are full for the last two interviews and I don't know if there is a second year there.  Please feel free to shoot any questions about rotations and the clinical year my way.  I'll also be at all the meet and greets to say hi and welcome everyone to Sacramento.  

Looking forward to meeting everyone next week,

--Phil

Hey guys,

I'm staying at Hotel Med Park on the 18th for an interview the next day. I'm not renting a car due to the close distance from campus, but is anyone else staying who wants to walk over together on the 19th? (I may or may not make the meet and greet due to my flight time.)

Just wanted to update those who haven't heard! Attended the UC Davis Pre Health Conference yesterday, and spoke with an individual from the adcom. I was informed that interview invites go out until November, and that everybody who applied should hear by the end of November. You will get either your invite or a rejection letter at that point. 

Archived