NCCPA email and follow-up survey

I received an email yesterday implying that I was behind on something regarding my "Outstanding Certification Maintenance Requirements". Below is an excerpt from the NCCPA. 

"As the weather warms up, now is the time to think about completing your certification maintenance requirements. Your certification expires on Dec. 31, 2017 and per our records, you have one or more of the following outstanding requirements:

·pay fees,
·log CME credits online, AND/OR
·pass the recertification exam, if applicable (the last day for testing is Dec. 18, 2017)"

I accessed the website. Nothing was due and I was not behind in any way. I then received a follow-up email and a survey regarding the website and the NCCPA in general. 

I can't tell if I am totally biased based on reading a lot on this forum regarding the NCCPA, but I certainly feel tricked in to thinking I was behind on my certification and then tricked in to filling out this follow-up survey. Maybe I am being harsh as they are simply reminding me that I have until December to log the CME. Anyhow, mostly just an FYI that you are likely not behind on any certification requirements if you get this email too. 

I got the same thing. I needed to pay my recert fee. I also clicked through quickly and accidentally donated 12$ to one of their causes. Read the defaults before you click because I can't get back the money I wouldn't have given them if I had been reading carefully.

I got it too. I owe them some money by the end of the year, will likely pay it as late as possible...

I took my PANRE in Dec. Just need about 30 more class 1 CME and 50 class 2. Oh and pay my fees. At least it's a write off... Like E i plan on paying it as late as possible!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I got the same email.  I thought it was early for me to recert (which I won't - dropping the C, thank God) so when I logged in, I saw they just wanted me to pay their fees early.  Probably so they can use the extra money lobby for all the other states that don't require ongoing recertification. 

Archived