Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

Would you guys be willing to share stats?

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.48

Science GPA: 3.63

GRE: V 160 Q 153 W 4.5

Age 27

Experience: 

2600 hrs EKG Tech

8500 EMT-Advanced (911 ambulance)

1800 Anesthesia Tech

Did write a diversity statement, wrote about how I failed my first year of college, then turned it around. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you guys be willing to share stats?

Non traditional and first time applicant - career changer after 6 years in business so limited healthcare experience

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.49

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.66

Age at application time : 28

GRE: V 161 Q 154 W 4.5

Healthcare experience  : 552 hours as a Patient Care Tech - Med/Surg floor + Float pool to ER, Trauma units

I did write a diversity essay too - received that email about still being under consideration as posted above

I got an interview!!! I'll be there on August 25th!

My stats are:

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.65

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.77

GRE: V 161 Q 156 W 4.5

Healthcare experience: 1000 hrs as a CNA at a nursing home, 100 hours as a patient care tech in the ICU of a hospital

Volunteered for a couple years at the food bank

40 hours shadowing a PA

I wrote a diversity statement that was about a page in length.

They are obviously pulling from the top GRE scorers. That is an unfortunate statistic for us who have killer GPA and PCE like me.

12,000 PCE, 3.6 GPA's but 293 GRE.

You have obviously demonstrated yourself academically. I had to retake mine too, you should consider studying and retaking the GRE if you're applying to a lot of programs that require a GRE.

I got an interview!!! I'll be there on August 25th!

My stats are:

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.65

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.77

GRE: V 161 Q 156 W 4.5

Healthcare experience: 1000 hrs as a CNA at a nursing home, 100 hours as a patient care tech in the ICU of a hospital

Volunteered for a couple years at the food bank

40 hours shadowing a PA

I wrote a diversity statement that was about a page in length.

congrats!!!

when did you submit your app?

Hey - I actually got the same email and not sure what to make of it either. I can't tell if it's a positive thing or not, pretty confusing.

From what I've seen online from other universities, being under the status of continued consideration is better sign than being added to the waitlist because you are still being periodically considered for an interview.

However, I'm wondering if they've put anyone on the waitlist at this point, or if they're just sending out these continued consideration emails instead. Every university is unique, so I guess we just have to wait. My opinion is that they will interview all of their stellar candidates first, then we may hear from them in the later months of the cycle if there are spots open. Good luck, don't stress as much as I have been. It can't be good for you lol :)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what to expect for the interview? I have been looking up your typical interview questions

I've been doing the same. I'm trying to have some stories and material ready that can be used for different types of questions. I'm trying not to overthink it though, which for me is very difficult. Where are you coming from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Joanne18 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other schools! Did you have an interview with Rosalind Franklin? 

Nope, didn't get that far. I also screwed up the 'additional documents' sections for Rosalind Franklin on CASPA. Uploaded my CV/Resume instead of a diversity statement. It was pretty sloppy on my part, and I doubt many others made the same mistake. Take care! 

Archived