Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, clamscantfeel said:

Same! My stats aren't great, but I have some experience with significantly better graduate work than undergraduate.

MS in Pharmacology/Toxicology and working on my MPH (free because I work for a large university).

Overall GPA: 3.03

Cumulative undergrad: 2.93

Graduate: 3.42

Graduate Science:3.43

Overall Science: 2.98

GRE: 159V, 152Q, 3.5 writing

HCE: 8520, PCE: 2720

I work as a clinical research coordinator doing a lot of inpatient studies in hepatology. I got 3 good LORs, and i feel like my diversity statement and my personal statements were pretty good. Zero generation immigrant. 

I feel like i worked considerably hard to make the other parts of my application stand out enough, since my undergraduate work doesn't impress. 

June 20: "Continued consideration"

July 26: Interview invite for October 20.

I am so jealous of you. I got the same continued consideration email as you the same day you did. But haven't heard back. And my stats are almost EXACTLY the same as yours except I haven't earned a masters. And you have more HCE. But we have the same PCE. 

sGPA 3.28 cGPA 3.26 

GRE: V 158 Q 152 AW 5.0

volunteer: 550+

first generation college student

lots of work with underserved

now im thinking maybe I should seriously pursue a masters program because it seems to be the saving grace for a lower undergrad GPA.. 

thanks for your post! Very insightful for me!

13 hours ago, abp_520 said:

I am so jealous of you. I got the same continued consideration email as you the same day you did. But haven't heard back. And my stats are almost EXACTLY the same as yours except I haven't earned a masters. And you have more HCE. But we have the same PCE. 

sGPA 3.28 cGPA 3.26 

now im thinking maybe I should seriously pursue a masters program because it seems to be the saving grace for a lower undergrad GPA.. 

I don't think having a masters helped that much. I think it gave me a chance to take more credit hours to do well in, which helped raise my GPA. They can also now look at my last 60 hours (which includes grad school) and see that upward trend that was non-existent in undergrad.

Overall, if your final goal is to just become a PA, go for grad school, but i would pick something that would be a good backup, just in case. Which is why i picked an MPH. I think an MPH pairs well with PA, so that maybe let them see my interest in healthcare as well.

Not sure what kind of PCE and HCE you have, but the quality of that experience is worth something too.

I didn't think i would even get an interview, so i am so excited! I hope you get one (or a thousand) too!

I am going crazy waiting!! I'm either going to cry because I'm so excited or cry because I'm so disappointed. 

For those of you who interviewed on the 14th, you don't think they would tell us after 6 pm on a Friday, do you? Just wondering so I can maybe stop refreshing my email every 20 minutes ? 

I am going crazy waiting!! I'm either going to cry because I'm so excited or cry because I'm so disappointed. 

For those of you who interviewed on the 14th, you don't think they would tell us after 6 pm on a Friday, do you? Just wondering so I can maybe stop refreshing my email every 20 minutes [emoji28] 

I doubt it. But I agree. I'm going crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/27/2017 at 8:24 AM, clamscantfeel said:

Same! My stats aren't great, but I have some experience with significantly better graduate work than undergraduate.

MS in Pharmacology/Toxicology and working on my MPH (free because I work for a large university).

Overall GPA: 3.03

Cumulative undergrad: 2.93

Graduate: 3.42

Graduate Science:3.43

Overall Science: 2.98

GRE: 159V, 152Q, 3.5 writing

HCE: 8520, PCE: 2720

I work as a clinical research coordinator doing a lot of inpatient studies in hepatology. I got 3 good LORs, and i feel like my diversity statement and my personal statements were pretty good. Zero generation immigrant. 

I feel like i worked considerably hard to make the other parts of my application stand out enough, since my undergraduate work doesn't impress. 

June 20: "Continued consideration"

July 26: Interview invite for October 20.

Wow so inspirational. I too have been working in clinical research for the past 3 years and did a masters as well to help increase my chance. Is this your first time applying?

23 hours ago, abp_520 said:

sGPA 3.28 cGPA 3.26 

Yeah i was going to apply last year but i decided to wait until i finished my masters in order to apply. There are a ton of special masters programs fit for people like us that can help increase your chances. 

11 hours ago, marithom12 said:

Wow so inspirational. I too have been working in clinical research for the past 3 years and did a masters as well to help increase my chance. Is this your first time applying?

This is my first time. Hopes definitely not very high, so I am happily surprised about this. I think with experience, the GPA becomes slightly less important, as long as your overall gets over that 3.0 hump, which can be very difficult. Overall, I have 222 graded hours (according to CASPA). It's almost impossible to raise my GPA at this point....

[mention=133451]BookLove20[/mention] [mention=138374]Brother of Gus[/mention], or anyone else who interviewed on July 14: Have you hear anything? They really got my hopes up about hearing back within 2 weeks =/ 

Yeah. They got my hopes up too. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm sort of expecting to hear any time now.

8 hours ago, QuinoaLoverYummy said:

@BookLove20 @Brother of Gus, or anyone else who interviewed on July 14: Have you hear anything? They really got my hopes up about hearing back within 2 weeks =/ 

1 hour ago, Brother of Gus said:

Yeah. They got my hopes up too. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm sort of expecting to hear any time now.

Ugh I haven't heard anything :( but to be honest I'm relieved you guys haven't either! Hope we all hear "yes" soon!!

Does anybody know if it's too late to apply? My CASPA is verified and I sent my GRE scores. It just took me a while to complete the diversity statement. I feel like it's probably pointless to apply at this point. 

My stats

sGPA 3.12 (post-bac 3.95)

cGPA 3.45

HCE 3500 hours

56 hours shadowing PAs

3000 hours of community service 

fluent in Spanish and first generation college student

14 minutes ago, FuturePAStudent01 said:

Does anybody know if it's too late to apply? My CASPA is verified and I sent my GRE scores. It just took me a while to complete the diversity statement. I feel like it's probably pointless to apply at this point. 

My stats

cGPA 3.45

HCE 3500 hours

56 hours shadowing PAs

Hey. FuturePAStudent01,

The deadline is in December. It is not too late to apply. Your stats looks great! 

4 hours ago, FuturePAStudent01 said:

My stats

cGPA 3.45

HCE 3500 hours

56 hours shadowing PAs

Judging from last year, no. They had interviews up until or after February. 

Archived