Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

Hey all! Rosalind grad here. So the interview waitlist isn't open yet, because they're still inviting people for interviews. Once all interview slots are full, then they will have an interview waitlist, if that makes sense. I personally received two "continuing consideration" emails (so approx 2 months of waiting) before I was invited for an interview in October, interviewed in December, and was accepted a week after. 

There are still plenty of seats left - they've only had one of 8ish interview sessions! And students were still accepted from the very last interview. There were 16 applicants at each interview session when I applied. 

If you have any questions about interviews/the program feel free to direct message me as well, I can hopefully answer quickly :) 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

Okay. I think it is similar but I also got a waitlist from Rush and they said that they are no longer reviewing the application and they are just waiting to see if spots open up. This sounded like they reviewed but weren't sure yet and will still continuously look at my application. Waitlist would suggest I am a certain number and I have to wait my turn essentially...or am I completely off. This is my first cycle so forgive me if I'm a bit naive or trying to find a silver lining in this cryptic email. 

For the people that were offered an interview did they only allow you to pick from certain dates and you just picked the earliest one or did they offer all of the dates available including ones in December-February. Last year people weren't able to select the later months at this point. Wasn't sure if it was the same pattern this year. 

I haven't heard anything at all from Rush. I emailed them today to see what's going on.

1 hour ago, Namelessrd said:

I received the email stating that my application was complete and under review on July 6th which was 4.5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since then. Should I reach out to them or just keep waiting? They said 2-4 weeks in their confirmation email

Hey! Today marks six weeks since i received the "2-4 weeks" email. I emailed them this morning and they gave me a super generic response 

"Thank you for your email and continued interest in Rosalind Franklin University. You have not missed any correspondence from us since June 26. We will make sure to notify you regarding any changes to the status of your application via email. Please continue checking your email for updates. We thank you for your patience at this time and would be happy to answer any other questions for you." 

So I would suggest that it's pretty pointless to contact them at this point! Hope this helps!

On 8/7/2017 at 1:14 PM, aryapac7 said:

Hey all! Rosalind grad here. So the interview waitlist isn't open yet, because they're still inviting people for interviews. Once all interview slots are full, then they will have an interview waitlist, if that makes sense. I personally received two "continuing consideration" emails (so approx 2 months of waiting) before I was invited for an interview in October, interviewed in December, and was accepted a week after. 

There are still plenty of seats left - they've only had one of 8ish interview sessions! And students were still accepted from the very last interview. There were 16 applicants at each interview session when I applied. 

If you have any questions about interviews/the program feel free to direct message me as well, I can hopefully answer quickly :) 

How often did you receive the emails? Do they send them once a month if you're still have the "continuing consideration" status

2 hours ago, sana1027 said:

I received an email from them yesterday saying my application is being held for further review. Is this the same thing as continuing consideration? 

I just called the office because I received the same email 11 days ago. They said that interviews have been scheduled up through October and they will start releasing invites for the November-January dates in about a month, likely in a similar fashion that they released the July-October dates (my assumption). The "continuing consideration" and "held for further review" have a very similar status. They both still have the opportunity to receive an interview invite, it's just that the "continuing consideration" is a smaller list and his definition is that they are a higher on the priority to receive invites, but he said that people from both lists have received interview invites. Also you can be moved from being "on hold" to "continuing consideration." So it's kinda like a waitlist, but more like they are waiting for the next batch of invites to be available because they don't open all of them at once. It's not a waitlist in that there are interview spots still available. Idk it's still confusing to me, but it is what it is. He said sometimes being on hold is for people that have an update like a pending prereq or requirement, but it's not always the case. Obviously this isn't a verbatim description, and this isn't the reason for every applicant, but that's how I interpreted it. 

There's still a good shot. We were put in these statuses because they are interested. People have already received rejections without interviews. I know a couple graduates who applied a week before the deadline and ended up getting accepted. 

5 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

I just called the office because I received the same email. They said that interviews have been scheduled up through October and they will start releasing invites for the November-January dates in about a month, likely in a similar fashion that they released the July-October dates. The continuing consideration and held for review have a very similar status, it's just that the "continuing consideration" is a smaller list and his definition is that they are a higher on the priority list to receive invites, but he said that people from both lists have received interview invites. Also you can be moved from being "on hold" to "continuing consideration." So it's kinda like a waitlist, but more like they are waiting for the next batch of invites to be available because they don't open all of them at once. He said sometimes being on hold is for people that have an update like a pending prereq or requirement, but it's not always the case. Obviously this isn't a verbatim description, and this isn't the reason for every applicant, but that's how I interpreted it. 

There's still a good shot. We were put in these statuses because they are interested. People have already received rejections without interviews. I know a couple graduates who applied a week before the deadline and ended up getting accepted. 

Thank you so much! This is a good sign then :) I was a little worried but I think we both will be perfectly fine!!!

Just now, sana1027 said:

Thank you so much! This is a good sign then :) I was a little worried but I think we both will be perfectly fine!!!

It's better than a rejection, but of course it's not a guarantee. However, his tone emphasized the possibility that our name would turn up. If you don't mind. When did submit your CASPA, and if you're comfortable do you mind sharing your stats?

2 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

It's better than a rejection, but of course it's not a guarantee. However, his tone emphasized the possibility that our name would turn up. If you don't mind. When did submit your CASPA, and if you're comfortable do you mind sharing your stats?

Yeah it is way better than a rejection, thats for sure! I have a good feeling that our names will turn up. 

I submitted my CASPA 6/2 but didn't have all my letters of rec in till the end of June. I felt like this email was more like "oh don't worry we didn't forget about you" since they had my application for a while. I'll message you my stats! 

26 minutes ago, sana1027 said:

Yeah it is way better than a rejection, thats for sure! I have a good feeling that our names will turn up. 

I submitted my CASPA 6/2 but didn't have all my letters of rec in till the end of June. I felt like this email was more like "oh don't worry we didn't forget about you" since they had my application for a while. I'll message you my stats! 

I feel the same way. They sent this because they needed to say something, but they are still thinking about it/they filled the first batch of interviews. For both versions. 

It should also be considered that applicants with October interviews may get acceptances from other schools before hand and may cancel their slot. I've already seen that with some other schools. High advantages for applying early. 

Submitted CASPA: July 9

File is Complete Confirmation: July 13

Continued Consideration E-mail: August 17

Interview Invite: August 30

When I chose the interview date, the 11/17 afternoon option was the only one left, so I'm assuming (based on what was said in prior posts in this thread) that within the next few days, all initial interview offers will be sent out and people will start getting notification of whether or not they'll be waitlisted to interview.

1 hour ago, thec2020 said:

Submitted CASPA: July 9

File is Complete Confirmation: July 13

Continued Consideration E-mail: August 17

Interview Invite: August 30

When I chose the interview date, the 11/17 afternoon option was the only one left, so I'm assuming (based on what was said in prior posts in this thread) that within the next few days, all initial interview offers will be sent out and people will start getting notification of whether or not they'll be waitlisted to interview.

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats? It would be nice to see who goes on the continued consideration list vs the hold for further review list.

1 hour ago, tjl2888 said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats? It would be nice to see who goes on the continued consideration list vs the hold for further review list.

Thank you!

PCE: 1,321 hrs (EMT & CNA)

HCE: 42 hrs (International volunteer)

Shadow: 46 hrs 

GRE: Verbal - 157,    Quant. - 158,    Writing - 5.0

GPA: Overall - 3.98,   Science - 3.96

Current senior finishing last year of undergraduate.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:28 AM, Brother of Gus said:

There is 70 students per accepted class. So I would say it's probably never too late. I say go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this class sized confirmed at the interview or is it based on prior classes? I know last year there was 66.

15 hours ago, thec2020 said:

Thank you!

PCE: 1,321 hrs (EMT & CNA)

HCE: 42 hrs (International volunteer)

Shadow: 46 hrs 

GRE: Verbal - 157,    Quant. - 158,    Writing - 5.0

GPA: Overall - 3.98,   Science - 3.96

Current senior finishing last year of undergraduate.

Thank you! Yes hopefully we will hear back soon. I'm held for further review, but I'm still hopeful my name will turn up for interview. 

Archived