Follow up after job interview - lack of professionalism

I think this is a huge problem

I don't do anything of importance except face to face.....

Again - no means of contact. These folks are insulated and unapproachable. Clinic managers have no power. Either follow the channels or don't apply is the way around here. NOT RIGHT - but how it is - unless you are someone's niece, sister, mistress..........

I feel like the entire professional world is degrading and losing professionalism, tact, courtesy and common decency, politeness. As a result, we treat folks as cogs and parts and easily disposable or replaceable.

There is a seriously scary anti-intellectual/anti-professional bent moving through this country.  It's as if people are concerned that another person might know more about something than they do, so they are willing to substitute their opinion as if it is a good as a professional's experience/education/facts. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Still NOT getting a lot of responses from indeed.com applications.

However, the VA has come through with a really good offer for Internal Medicine which surprises me and I am very pleased and looking forward to as I go through all the govt vetting.

Can't say anything to current boss yet as I am not 100% employed as per more govt process. But, worth it fully.

Also found out that aprevious employer has not been 100% transparent and has likely torpedoed me based on hearsay and gossip instead of medical and professional standards of behavior. Had a terse conversation mentioning defamation of character and slander and that their behavior would not go without further discussion.

So, got a great offer and found out some back info that needs to be righted. Will not allow my integrity and character to be demeaned.

The medical profession and professionalism is still going to hell in some aspects and needs a re-education in behavior....

Update

Still NOT getting a lot of responses from indeed.com applications.

However, the VA has come through with a really good offer for Internal Medicine which surprises me and I am very pleased and looking forward to as I go through all the govt vetting.

Can't say anything to current boss yet as I am not 100% employed as per more govt process. But, worth it fully.

Also found out that aprevious employer has not been 100% transparent and has likely torpedoed me based on hearsay and gossip instead of medical and professional standards of behavior. Had a terse conversation mentioning defamation of character and slander and that their behavior would not go without further discussion.

So, got a great offer and found out some back info that needs to be righted. Will not allow my integrity and character to be demeaned.

The medical profession and professionalism is still going to hell in some aspects and needs a re-education in behavior....

Good to hear that, best of luck going forward!

Good for you.  We won't tell as long as those checks you sent out to us clear.  We accept PayPal as well.  

I'm also down to my LAST job that I would want to work at, interview was today and went well.  If this does not come through in a few weeks, I will push the buttons that I don't want to push.  

Oh, I can GET a job - but spent a couple months of time and money getting a job that I won't pretty much just tolerate for the absolutely minimum time to get something else.  

I think I applied to around 42 jobs, give or take, since arriving in town on February 11th.

The VA isn't an option because the physician who is creeping on my kids just got hired there PRN.  Damn. 

To the original point, I've got three jobs that owe me a phone call (moving forward after an interview/ major steps) over four weeks.  One is six weeks but they were total d-bags to me and to each other at my interview so they can bite me.

I'll follow up tomorrow with the one and two (same company).

So recently have been trying to line up some per-diem for extra spending $$

mostly people reply "thanks" with an email and nothing more..... 

however, went to an interview yesterday in a young growing company, and they had great communication before, and am expecting so afterwards.  I will as well make sure to reach out and say thanks and hopefully things will work out.

I wonder how much of it is determined by rather they "REally" need to hire someone - or are they just collecting CV - this place really needs to hire someone and is serious and therefor working hard at recruiting....

That's against the law.  If you can prove this, they would be in deep doo-doo and you would also have grounds to sue them.

That's against the law.  If you can prove this, they would be in deep doo-doo and you would also have grounds to sue them.

I called this corp behemoth that I once worked for and inquired about my status since 3 applications were met with rote reply emails of "going with a different match".

HR Mgr called me back. Says I am rehirable BUT "some folks in their org who had worked with me before said I might be difficult". These were NOT my references or even medical folks. They could have been clerks or whomever and were not vetted for past exposure to me or any circumstances. Hmmm, sounds like hearsay and gossip.

What if this was the MA I caught faking vitals at a job and she was terminated? What if this was the clerk who was a patient and was fired for drug seeking behavior? They work somehow for this behemoth. Not every single person I know finds me 100% adoring.

So, they go unidentified and not held responsible for their comments and I get labeled difficult? These might not be folks who ever actually worked with me directly in a peer relationship or day to day! Their judgment is based on their behaviors, not mine.

Yeah, that sounds like a fine and professional way to judge someone for a job instead of the 1000s of patient supporting commentary and doc support I have. She openly stated they count on this type of feedback..........

Am I difficult? Maybe - I have high standards, don't do doormat very well and consider political correctness a form of passive aggression. I call that assertive, concerned and involved. Am I good at what I do? NO DOUBT. Am I an unlivable tyrant? Not at all and not at work. Ask my teenagers and you might get a different reply.

So, what they are doing is wrong and likely illegal and certainly unprofessional and unethical. Should I sue them? Not if I have to live in this town. Unless their settlement keeps me comfy for 5+ years but I would be labeled a pariah and unemployable around here. The behemoth controls 50% of the jobs.

Corp medicine still bites....

I am moving on.

Archived