PA Day 2016

I complained two years ago (jokingly) to my manager so last year he gave me a card and flowers. This year? Nada, not even an email. Nurses and doctors typically get emails sent out saying that staff should say thank you to the doctors and nurses for their great service, whole hospital gets cupcakes or ice cream, etc. Granted I'm in a hospital where there really aren't many PAs. 

A tiny solo doc office with 2 PAs.

We get lumped into "Doctors' Day".

So - nothing on actual PA Day.

Previous corporate employer might have sent cookies to office one year and a general email about Congrats.

I don't get to watch the local news in the morning - one year they put out a 20 second snipit on PA Day - pretty vague and hurried.

I specifically noticed today - no broadcast email from AAPA...................................

Our's is 27 Nov...per normal, nurses here get a whole week of stuff all over the hospital, docs get a day, I put up a poster...and f^%k all else occurs unless I bring in some BMI pills and coffee or something.  No different for the past 5 years I've been working in the civilian sector.

I'm so glad I pay as much money a year as I do to my national body for their "national voice" and "advocacy"...I'm not going to our national conference yet again due to the "no bang for the buck" regarding probable CME - not worth my entire CME budget for low yield stuff, even if I do run into some old friends.

SK

27 November is our Thanksgiving.

Come on down and we will call it PA Day - more politically correct anyway...

Hope you like Turkey and dressing!

Thanksgiving here in Monday upcoming...and I'm working a 12hr day, so get a bit of holiday time :-D.  Turkey and stuffing/dressing is always good...downside about leftovers until XMas though...in time for more :-D

Reminds me of this ad -

SK

The other PA and I made a joke of PA Day.   I joked I was waiting for flowers, chocolates and he was waiting to go to the bathroom as we need to see more patients and do more and more and more. 

Archived