2017 Applicant's- Post here

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another day. Im trying hard to stay positive, not easy.

Hoping tomorrow i hear some news.

I was waitlisted last year and it was so stressful since you pretty much suffer until they start classes.

Im still hoping i get at least waitlisted again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the only attitude to have.. we cant control the outcome. I did the crying and beating my self up approach last year and it did nothing for me. If I dont get in this term, I know it wasnt time yet and back to working at becoming better the next round. It doesnt mean we are bad people or PAs if we dont get in, it just means that someone else prepared a little better and we need to do the same. So until they slap me in the face with a roll over lol ill stay positive ????

Jason, that's the attitude! I said the same thing this year. If I don't get in, this is not a direct reflection of character or ability but I need to work harder and better prepare. Stay optimistic!

I know hat despite it all that you all are feeling anxiety and maybe frustration. Why don't you guys go do something you enjoy? Distract your mind for a bit. I know it can't be easy but the alternative is sitting here speculating whether today is last day and what you should think. Breathe in, breathe out. We all wanted this so bad. I can only imagine the disapointment if it doesn't work out. But I know that I would have kept going and come back a stronger candidate next year. Did you guys go see Rebeca Garcia-Cartaya?

Jason, that's the attitude! I said the same thing this year. If I don't get in, this is not a direct reflection of character or ability but I need to work harder and better prepare. Stay optimistic!

I know hat despite it all that you all are feeling anxiety and maybe frustration. Why don't you guys go do something you enjoy? Distract your mind for a bit. I know it can't be easy but the alternative is sitting here speculating whether today is last day and what you should think. Breathe in, breathe out. We all wanted this so bad. I can only imagine the disapointment if it doesn't work out. But I know that I would have kept going and come back a stronger candidate next year. Did you guys go see Rebeca Garcia-Cartaya?

Couldnt agree more! And yes Rebecca was a Godsend!

I left Rebeca's office feeling defeated. I spent an hour and a half with her and I left her office with anxiety. This was a Friday and my interview was 2 days later. I knew I had to better prepare. You have to take the bits of good advice offered and then tweak it and make it your own. You're not going to take everything someone says but it allows you to really reflect on things you may be doing unknowingly and how you can improve.

I left Rebeca's office feeling defeated. I spent an hour and a half with her and I left her office with anxiety. This was a Friday and my interview was 2 days later. I knew I had to better prepare. You have to take the bits of good advice offered and then tweak it and make it your own. You're not going to take everything someone says but it allows you to really reflect on things you may be doing unknowingly and how you can improve.

100% agree!

Hello all.. ive tried to stay away from the forum this year so I havent posted. I am posting now to encourage those who have a score below an 80. I just reveived my invitation for an interview! I am beyond excited.

*2nd year applicant (didnt interview last year)

*7 years hospital experience (pharm tech/patient advocate)

*AA in Health Services Administration

*test score was 76

*3.6 GPA, 3.73 Science GPA

Thats my background

I feel like i did really well in my interview, however; i was really drilled on not having a bachelors degree. I feel like not having one hurt me the most, even though its not a requirement. Besides that i really feel as if my answers were solid and i was prepared.

Archived