2017 Applicant's- Post here

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt in years past MDC has been terrible about notifying people whether or not if they got rejected. It seems like this trend is continuing! I thought things may have changed since they got a new director, but I guess the only thing we can all do is just wait patiently! This waiting is absolutely nerve wrecking!

Hello everyone!

I received my acceptance email yesterday around 12:30., interviewed 03/20. I don't think they are done notifying all the students. From what I've seen in past forums, they usually take 2-3 days. There is still hope, I know how important this is for all of you, this was my third time applying. I'm praying for everyone here and if this isn't your year, then keep your head up and come back even stronger

I wish you all good luck and I hope you all make it!

Remember not to stop when you're tired, stop when you're done:)

I wouldn't give up hope yet, obviously they are still working on it, if someone got accepted today and someone else got a waitlisted call... I would wait today and tomorrow.... I am very sad that some of my friends are in limbo, I am praying for some answers...

For those of you who got accepted, Congrats! Please add yourself to the group on Facebook so you can stay informed about this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1888208831422121/?fref=nf

Mike -

Hello everyone!

First time posting to the forums, but your constant posts really helped me stay positive throughout this entire ordeal. I apologize for not contributing earlier, but as you know, it is a very stressful time. I tried my best to not think about the process until the school reached out to me. The anxiety can be debilitating. 

I received an acceptance email yesterday, 4/5/17. Really excited to meet all of you who were accepted as well. To those who weren't, it's not over yet. Stay positive, and come up with plan B just in case. My best friend received his rejection letter at the beginning of April, and my other friend didn't receive any response at all. Both of them are working on plan B and seem pretty optimistic. That's key! Everything happens for a reason, even if it doesn't feel that way right now...

First time applicant
Test score: 85
Bachelor's in BioChem at UF: 3.01 GPA
26 Prereq credits at MDC: 4.00 GPA
~2-3 years medical experience
Interviewed on the first day of interviews, felt pretty good about it.

I'm nothing out of this world, and I hope this encourages some of you who are losing hope. Good luck and I wish you all the best. Reach out to me if you need anything!!! I'll be more than happy to help if I can!

MIKE - I'm pretty sure we met at the test.  So AWESOME you got in but I'm not surprised.  Congratulations!!!!!!

Hey guys,

Congratulations to those who already got in! For the rest of you waiting just have a little more patience. Kathy Burns is super busy at the moment because she is also organizing our clinical year as well as working with the seniors. It might just take a little time. I know the wait is horrible I remember what I was going through last year but just have faith. There is a plan for everyone so just believe in that. No matter what happens don't give up on your dream.

Good luck to all of you.

Hey guys,

Congratulations to those who already got in! For the rest of you waiting just have a little more patience. Kathy Burns is super busy at the moment because she is also organizing our clinical year as well as working with the seniors. It might just take a little time. I know the wait is horrible I remember what I was going through last year but just have faith. There is a plan for everyone so just believe in that. No matter what happens don't give up on your dream.

Good luck to all of you.

Thank you for this :) 

Has anyone been getting timely responses back from Jackie or Isabel? I feel like they ignore my emails or Isabel Castro is always out of the office. MDC is lacking in professionalism or office staff to take care of any questions or issues!

I know you are frustrated but just a little advice. Try not to question the school's way of operation or call them unprofessional especially if you are applying. You never know who is reading theses posts. You also never know what is going behind the scenes. Like I just said they are juggeling many things at the same time and it is a small school. Could things be better!? Yes maybe but it's a small school which charges half the tuition (or even more) other schools do so things might go a littler slower.

I agree with you 100%! FPA-S. I'm trying hard to be patient hehe. Do you know if they are still emailing people ? Or are they done?

Sadly I really don't know. I haven't heard anything. I wish I could help. I think no news is good news for now :)

I know you are frustrated but just a little advice. Try not to question the school's way of operation or call them unprofessional especially if you are applying. You never know who is reading theses posts. You also never know what is going behind the scenes. Like I just said they are juggeling many things at the same time and it is a small school. Could things be better!? Yes maybe but it's a small school which charges half the tuition (or even more) other schools do so things might go a littler slower.

This isn't just during this time, but before the application cycle began!

To all who have not received an email or a call to be wait-listed: Please do not lose hope!!!! This was my third time applying, and it was the one!!!!!!!! 

Wait a couple of more days(I know that is an eternity) but give them some more time. Also, if this is not your year, COME BACK and apply again. You have put everything into this process and another year will not deter you from your desire. Believe me, I know what you are going through. I got as far as the interview last year, however, I did not make it. It was hard, but I came back for a third try and it was the one! Please do not let this moment hold you back. 

You will achieve your desire, either this year or the next!! Hold on to hope!

Well all I want to say is congratulations to those of you that got in this year! Its a Thursday and 3:30 pm and they have been either emailing or calling potential candidates. Based on my past years of experience I am going to call this the end of road as  I am going to be very realistic and just move on. Good luck to all of you once again I feel that those of you that got in your personality of giving people hope really and truly shines thru! This is the ideal characteristics required to be a PA!

Archived