UTMB 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

For those who have interviewed and brought transcripts, are unofficial transcripts fine?

I brought copies of my transcripts, which are considered unofficial, but they will only take your transcripts during your academic review on interview day if you finished a class or have a class in progress since the time you submitted your application. They did take a copy of my resume to have on file (not required though). Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!! When was your application verified and when did you receive your under review email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submitted: Aug 1

Verified: Aug 9

CASPA received/Supplemental attachment email: Aug 9

Login info: Aug 10

Supplemental app received email: Aug 11

Interview invite email: Sep 28 for Oct 10 interview

I never received the "your application is under review" email. I had actually called the program because 15 business days had passed since I submitted my supplemental and my application was incomplete. They then marked it complete. I then called them again about a week ago asking if I should have received an email saying that my application was under review since I had seen other people received said email and they told me my application was under review...so I really thought I was in the No pile... so the point of my rambling is ....Don't Lose Hope and Have Faith!!

Hey guys & gals. I want to thank each and every one of you for being a piece of my journey through this application process. Today, I have received my interview invitation and I could not be more excited!!! To those of you waiting, this feeling makes it all worth it! Good luck to all of you! Here's to the future PA's!!!

Yay congrats!!! When is your interview? Ha I'm still patiently waiting to hear back.

For those who are interested, here is my timeline leading up to the interview invite. Hope this helps. 

July 25th - Submitted UTMB application through CASPA

July 26th -  Received CASPA acknowledgment e-mail including link for supplemental application

July 30th - Submitted UTMB supplemental application

August 1st - Received e-mail stating UTMB supplemental application has been received

August 2nd - Received the three MyStar e-mails

September 30th - Received interview invitation e-mail for October 24th

October 24th - Interview

Best of luck to all! You are all amazing! :-)

I was invited to interview on October 10th! I'm pretty excited. Congrats to everyone else who has gotten to or is getting to go interview, too! For those who have already interviewed, about how many questions did they ask you? Thanks.

It probably depends on your interviewer, but mine was fairly conversational and I don't think I got asked a ton of questions; felt like single digits. Good luck!

I completed my app mid June and am getting worried does anyone have any advice?? I never got an under review email and emailed them and they said that they are able to review my app. But that was back in August. I don't know if I should email to check on the status or is it too early?

I completed my app mid June and am getting worried does anyone have any advice?? I never got an under review email and emailed them and they said that they are able to review my app. But that was back in August. I don't know if I should email to check on the status or is it too early?

they said at the interview yesterday that they are still doing application reviews and each app is reviewed by 2 people, so it takes a while. they're rolling admissions so they send invites as they review applications. They said they're hoping to be done with interviewing by thanksgiving, but it all depends on the apps they look at. They also leave spots open after each interview. So I would just keep being patient.

they said at the interview yesterday that they are still doing application reviews and each app is reviewed by 2 people, so it takes a while. they're rolling admissions so they send invites as they review applications. They said they're hoping to be done with interviewing by thanksgiving, but it all depends on the apps they look at. They also leave spots open after each interview. So I would just keep being patient.

Ok but if it's rolling shouldn't I have heard back or is that not how their process works? Cause ppl who applied July and August have already heard? Oh they said by thanksgiving? That's interesting cause last yr it seemed they stopped at the end of October, so that's reassuring. Thanks so much!!! I'll be waiting haha.

I also completed my application in mid June, and got an interview invite for October 24 this past Friday (9/30). So stay positive and good luck! :)

I interviewed October 3rd and received an email that I was accepted this morning (10/5/16)! I wanted to thank everyone for their support and advice on this forum! I found the experience to be very relaxed and enjoyed meeting and talking with other applicants. I also wanted to let people know who have yet to hear that I never got an "under review email", I only got the emails for mystar and the email with the interview invitation.

Good luck to those still waiting!

I had received my invitation to interview on October 24th this past Friday September 30th and I couldn't be more excited to meet everyone there! My CASPA was verified 07/05/2016 and received the MySTAR information 07/12/2016. Good luck to all that are waiting and do not lose hope! 

For all those that haven't received interview invites....we were told during our interview yesterday that there are two more interview dates one in late October (probably the 24th that someone mentioned here) and another in November. We were also told that this cycle there was an unprecedented number of interviews being held. Good luck everyone!! :)

Archived