Ortho PA: 4 hrs 

Dentist: 4 hrs 

Honors & Awards 

Summa Cum Laude 

Dean's Honor list- every quarter and semester 

Good Standing 

Extracurricular/Research Activities:
Volunteer at Non profit Clinic: 20 hrs  
Volunteer for Library that offers tutoring to the underserved community: 100hrs 

Scout leader for local church group : 408 hrs over course of 2 years 

Schools Applied: Cornell, Pace,Rutgers, University of North Texas Ft Worth, ATSU, Chatham, Hofstra, Middwestern IL & Glendale, Thomas Jefferson, Franklin Pierce, Lock Haven , Touro CA, Western, PCOM 

Application Submitted Date:Will submit by end of june 

Schools Received Application Date: (approximate date) CASPA is not yet mailing applications

Interview Invites: still waiting, will update

Denied: will update

Withdrew Application: will update

Waitlisted: will update

Accepted: will update

Attempts: first 

I know my direct patient care hours is on the low side but I was wondering if I had a solid chance of getting into a program this year? Thanks in advance for any advice. 

I would say your odds of getting some interviews is high. When I was interviewing, I met plenty of people with many less hours of patient care than you. I even shadowed a PA who was accepted into a top tier program, and his only health care experience was being a pharmacy technician. Keep up the good work, and when you get interview invites, spend lots of time preparing for the interviews. Good luck to you!

As you've stated, your HCE is on the low side. A lot of programs don't consider Pharmacy Tech to be direct hands-on patient care experience but it is great to have that experience in addition to what you already have.

All things considered, I'm certain you will receive interviews if you apply broadly and early. Your stats are solid overall. I'd steer clear of programs who value healthcare experience over all else.

Archived