Experience mistake that may have ruined my chances

So I recently got a new job and attempted to get an early jump on CASPA things by adding it to my listed experiences section as current, but I ultimately decided not to take the job due to unforeseen schedule restraints! The issue is, I have already submitted an application before remembering this remove the experience and had even put in the hours for the first intended schedule I got… But never actually worked! Now I have 81 hours listed that I didn’t actually work, at a job that is listed as current that I never actually started!! Believe it or not I triple checked my application before submitting and somehow didn’t catch this. I literally want to cry and feel like all the work I’ve done is going to mean nothing because of this stupid mistake. I reached out to CASPA and they said they can’t do anything and suggested I reach out to the programs. I’m worried that I’m going to look careless and sloppy when in reality I’ve done nothing but eat sleep and breathe this application for months now. What do I do? Do I reach out to the programs? Do I wait for them to contact me? Do I take a long walk off a short pier???? (Kidding) ((kinda)). Any insight and advice is very much appreciated. And before you call me an idiot, know that you can’t make me feel any more idiotic about this than I already do!!

You are not an idiot! Everyone makes mistakes! They can’t expect us to be perfect because nobody is. I would definitely contact the programs you applied to and just explain the situation the best you can. Just let them know you would like this experience removed from your list. 
Stay calm, You got this!! 
You will be an amazing PA one day simply because you caught your mistake and you are learning from it. 

20 hours ago, kangel17 said:

You are not an idiot! Everyone makes mistakes! They can’t expect us to be perfect because nobody is. I would definitely contact the programs you applied to and just explain the situation the best you can. Just let them know you would like this experience removed from your list. 
Stay calm, You got this!! 
You will be an amazing PA one day simply because you caught your mistake and you are learning from it. 

Thank you do much for being kind and for giving me your insight. I ended up calling CASPA and having a panic attack into the phone to them and they so kindly un submitted the one application I had submitted and now I can delete the entry and resubmit🥹