Here are my stats 

Gpas when I graduated with a degree in Biology 

Cgpa-2.93 sgpa 2.73

Took 45 credit hours post-bacc on my own

Those gpas were cgpa-3.93 and sgpa 4.0

It changed my original gpas to a cgpa of 3.13 and sgpa of 3.12

PCE hours as a CNA ~1900 by the time I apply 

HCE hours as a Pathology Tech 1200

Volunteer ~200 which includes a medical mission trip to Panama for a week, starting a HOSA club at my community college, did many leadership activities, and habitat for humanity projects 

Shadowing~100 half in person other was virtual

LOR’s- 2 PA’s, 1 MD, 1 from current boss

Only thing I need to take is GRE

I know my gpas are low and it was from my sophomore and junior year struggling with personal situations and also recently learning I have ADHD which caused me to change completely how I study. I am 22 btw if that helps with anything. 

1 hour ago, futurepa1998 said:

Here are my stats 

Gpas when I graduated with a degree in Biology 

Cgpa-2.93 sgpa 2.73

Took 45 credit hours post-bacc on my own

Those gpas were cgpa-3.93 and sgpa 4.0

It changed my original gpas to a cgpa of 3.13 and sgpa of 3.12

PCE hours as a CNA ~1900 by the time I apply 

HCE hours as a Pathology Tech 1200

Volunteer ~200 which includes a medical mission trip to Panama for a week, starting a HOSA club at my community college, did many leadership activities, and habitat for humanity projects 

Shadowing~100 half in person other was virtual

LOR’s- 2 PA’s, 1 MD, 1 from current boss

Only thing I need to take is GRE

I know my gpas are low and it was from my sophomore and junior year struggling with personal situations and also recently learning I have ADHD which caused me to change completely how I study. I am 22 btw if that helps with anything. 

Hello, thanks for sharing your post! I feel as if I can shed some light to your situation, just know that "your chances" depend on more than one factor. So take everything I say with a grain of salt.

1.) You have a GREAT upward trend in GPA, now that your GPA is over a 3.0 it will allow you to pass the 3.0 requirement from mostly all accredited schools. However, be prepared to discuss this in your interviews and use this weakness as a strength on your application because they will focus on this is you get asked to interview. So really sit down and prepare for that. 

2.) Your experience is good, two different work environments but with a lower GPA some adcomms will look at your PCE/HCE to see if it balances it out. In your case, it does not. Which is not a bad thing, just know they might look at this and question if you can handle the workload of PA school. One of my good friends had a 3.2 science/cum with 10,000 plus HCE and it made him stand out. I would spend the next months working your butt off to get more hours in.

3.) From the first two above, take note of this and write the best dang PS you can. Be humble and show your true colors and wear those application weaknesses as a badge of honor to show that you have grown. 

4.) I would personally stay away from ADHD in your application, I have ADHD as well and by using it as a scape goat may not go well. 

5.) STUDY STUDY STUDY FOR THE GPA. The lack of HCE hour can be made up for somewhat if you knock the GRE out of the park (310+).

It's going to a long application cycle, but you got this. Don't lose hope and compare yourself to some of the stats you'll see posted in the upcoming months. Comparison is the thief of joy and your chances of getting into PA school are entirely in your control by changing, adapting and improving yourself daily. Best of luck my friend! 

• Upvote 1