Arizona: Northern Arizona University, NAU 2016-2017 Application Cycle

Yeah :( I've lost all hope this time around

Don't think that way! Be positive!  Everyone's story is different! You will be a PA one day!

For those that have already interviewed, did you take anything with you? Transcripts, resume, anything? Also, (for ladies) I assume a business suit with a nice shirt would be acceptable? Thanks in advance!!

I wore a black suit. I had brought a portfolio to take notes in, but I only used it at the beginning. They have your transcripts and resume already. 

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be great :) 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, I just interviewed today (11/30). There were 17 applicants in my group. For those of you who were there, how do you think the interview questions were? Because, to be honest...I was unimpressed. They asked me the basic questions of why PA, why NAU, etc. The group interview and the 1:1 interview both asked me the same questions! Did anybody else have the same experience? With these sorts of straight forward questions, even the most unprepared applicant can answer them well. I feel like I wasn't given the opportunity to tell them my story, since they didn't ask about life situations ("tell me of the most difficult experience you've had and how you overcame it," for example). I honestly don't know how they are going to choose people for this program if they don't have individual stories that make each of us stand out.

What are your thoughts? Did you get the same sorts of questions I got, or were you asked questions that made you able to share your unique story/experiences? I kinda feel like I got cheated. I was so ready to share a ton of stuff, but wasn't asked about my personal life in any way... Argh!

Hey all, I just interviewed today (11/30). There were 17 applicants in my group. For those of you who were there, how do you think the interview questions were? Because, to be honest...I was unimpressed. They asked me the basic questions of why PA, why NAU, etc. The group interview and the 1:1 interview both asked me the same questions! Did anybody else have the same experience? With these sorts of straight forward questions, even the most unprepared applicant can answer them well. I feel like I wasn't given the opportunity to tell them my story, since they didn't ask about life situations ("tell me of the most difficult experience you've had and how you overcame it," for example). I honestly don't know how they are going to choose people for this program if they don't have individual stories that make each of us stand out.

What are your thoughts? Did you get the same sorts of questions I got, or were you asked questions that made you able to share your unique story/experiences? I kinda feel like I got cheated. I was so ready to share a ton of stuff, but wasn't asked about my personal life in any way... Argh!

I actually kind of agree with you. I was asked about a challenge I overcame, however I felt that the group panel interview made it more difficult for them to get to know me personally... like they didn't ask about anything on my application or my personal statement, oh well :/. I was impressed with the school and the faculty though so I hope I hear back!!!

Not to be the debbie downer, but I think there is still time to send out rejection letters. I think they will probably interview this next group on the 13th (and perhaps a third group it sounds like?) and then sort of sweep through all 3 groups again to place people who are in the probable acceptance or alternate group and maybe decide to add some to the rejection group as they compare candidates from other interview dates. That's what I gathered when Mr. Dehn was talking about how it doesn't really matter what time you interview and how they circled back on the earlier groups they had interviewed to review. But I think it can be agreed that no news is good news as time goes on.

Sydniiray Congratulations! Are you from Arizona as well?? I am so so so excited for this interview!

I am from San Diego! My boyfriends family lives in AZ though so I would love to go to school/move to AZ permanently. Where else are you interviewing?? The posts below make me a little nervous- hope ours go well!

I was wondering the same thing... I've been checking my phone like crazy! Do you think they would send rejection emails this early?

Has anyone who interviewed yesterday (11/30) heard from them about early acceptance?

I interviewed 11/30 and got a phone call later that evening for early acceptance from one of the faculty! To my understanding, they admit 2-3 early acceptance per interview group and then admit the rest of the class at the end of interviews. Therefore I'm sure more of you will hear positive news too.

I interviewed 11/30 and got a phone call later that evening for early acceptance from one of the faculty! To my understanding, they admit 2-3 early acceptance per interview group and then admit the rest of the class at the end of interviews. Therefore I'm sure more of you will hear positive news too.

Congrats! I think I was in your tour group. You're from Minnesota, right?

I interviewed 11/30 and got a phone call later that evening for early acceptance from one of the faculty! To my understanding, they admit 2-3 early acceptance per interview group and then admit the rest of the class at the end of interviews. Therefore I'm sure more of you will hear positive news too.

Congrats!! I interviewed that day as well...guess it's now a waiting game for the rest of us

Archived