Arizona: Northern Arizona University, NAU 2016-2017 Application Cycle

Hey guys, I'm another first year student and I just wanted to say that I was literally accepted to the program like two weeks before the program started.  They don't require a deposit when you accept admission so it seems like they can go through quite a few on the alternate list and there were a few people before me who were accepted during the summer.  Probably doesn't help because I know how it is to be anxiously awaiting a response either way, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I'm another first year student and I just wanted to say that I was literally accepted to the program like two weeks before the program started.  They don't require a deposit when you accept admission so it seems like they can go through quite a few on the alternate list and there were a few people before me who were accepted during the summer.  Probably doesn't help because I know how it is to be anxiously awaiting a response either way, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thank you for this. I really needed to hear this. I'm just an anxious person! I do have a couple questions. Did you reach out to them to check on your application status? If so when? I was just wondering because I would like to know incase I have to apply again. I was thinking of contacting them in December.

I did not actually reach out. I had planned to in January. I didn't contact them because I felt my interview was what held me back--I was too nervous to express my thoughts smoothly! I decided to focus on my application for the next cycle instead. But I see no harm in reaching out to see your status and December would probably be ok. I know they have one date for interviews in dec that may or may not happen but at least you could see where they're at in deciding.

I did not actually reach out. I had planned to in January. I didn't contact them because I felt my interview was what held me back--I was too nervous to express my thoughts smoothly! I decided to focus on my application for the next cycle instead. But I see no harm in reaching out to see your status and December would probably be ok. I know they have one date for interviews in dec that may or may not happen but at least you could see where they're at in deciding.

Thank you so much for your input :) I felt my application was strong, but not so much with my interview. 

Congrats to those that have been invited for an interview and to those that have already been accepted!!

Does anyone know how many more interview dates are left ? And does anyone know if they have sent out rejection letters yet? I have yet to hear anything and I am trying to stay positive, but I am beginning to lose hope.

Congrats to those that have been invited for an interview and to those that have already been accepted!!

Does anyone know how many more interview dates are left ? And does anyone know if they have sent out rejection letters yet? I have yet to hear anything and I am trying to stay positive, but I am beginning to lose hope.

Don't lose hope. There is an interview next week. I think two in November and maybe one in December. I haven't received a rejection letter yet. I think they are still looking through applications. 

Don't lose hope. There is an interview next week. I think two in November and maybe one in December. I haven't received a rejection letter yet. I think they are still looking through applications. 

Thank you for all your input in this forum and thank you for the encouragement! You should be very proud of yourself for even getting an interview, and I wish you the best of luck:) 

I don't know if you would know the answer to this or not, but I am just wondering if we aren't invited to an interview will they send the rejection letters as they go or send them out at the end of the year

Thank you for all your input in this forum and thank you for the encouragement! You should be very proud of yourself for even getting an interview, and I wish you the best of luck:) 

I don't know if you would know the answer to this or not, but I am just wondering if we aren't invited to an interview will they send the rejection letters as they go or send them out at the end of the year

No problem! Anytime! Thanks for wishing me luck! Hopefully I hear back soon.

From looking at last year's thread and talking to Kay at the interview it doesn't seem like letters will be sent out until December. That could change though. They told me if I don't hear anything by the beginning of 2017 then there is a a good chance I'm on some kind of list. 

I still believe it to be early in the game. There are for sure three more interviews, and maybe one more in December.

Keep your chin up :) You've already come this far. 

Archived