Is the professional transcript entry worth it?

Hi guys, just wanted some insight from those who have used CASPA professional transcript entry services. Is it worth the $65 fee for the service.  I want to make sure I am entering the courses correctly but since I have retaken some due to the ten year requirement and since I have medical withdraws I think it would save me the headache. Any opinions? Also, if incase I did need to reapply next year would the transcript info be automatically saved?

I thought transcript entry was pretty straightforward and I had multiple schools over several years....maybe give it a look before you decide.

It was not that it was hard or confusing, it was the fact that there was a delay of a couple seconds per letter I typed. Also, to save each entry took 10 seconds to 30 seconds! It may have been that I did this over the first 2 days of the cycle but, it took longer than it should have.

It was not that it was hard or confusing, it was the fact that there was a delay of a couple seconds per letter I typed. Also, to save each entry took 10 seconds to 30 seconds! It may have been that I did this over the first 2 days of the cycle but, it took longer than it should have.

I guess I don't think the point of the professional entry is for time saving purposes as much as it is for complicated entries but as with anything, if your time is worth the money, then by all means, go ahead and pay for it.  

• 2 weeks later...

I actually enjoyed entering my transcripts... Completing the application is as much a part of the entire process of going to PA school as anything else. I found it rewarding to look over my work & review what I had dedicated my time to. Plus, it helped to keep me focused during the excruciating waiting game of application season.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was completely worth it. However, I think I had 8 transcripts to enter, so paying for the professional services was a no-brainer to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long did the professional transcript entry service take? I just submitted mine June 15 1:25am. Hoping it wont actually take 10 business days to complete the entry. Once its done, then I have to wait again for verification. $65 was worth it, but even a month ahead of the July 15 deadline feel like cutting it too close.

Guest GoyaHoya69

it's 10000000% not worth it. you should know the type of classes you took. order official transcripts from all your institutions. take 2-3 hours to enter them, check, and then double check. save your money. every dime counts. you're going to need $ for CASPA, sending GRE scores, supplemental app fees, and then flying/gas/hotel/airbnb for any potential interviews.

Archived