MEDEX Applicants 2016-2017

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle typically does their first round of interviews end of September. Tacoma has been in December for the last three years that I know.. Unsure of when Spokane has had theirs in the past but I would imagine Oct-Nov or December as well.

Typically each site has their first round of interviews then there is usually one last interview that is held in Seattle that consists of interviews for all sites..

Just thought I would put this out as I definitely know what your going through! Done and recently graduated but I still remember the interview like it was yesterday..

Good luck to you all! Keep yourselves busy!

I am excited to share that I too received an interview invitation today for September 29th (Seattle site). I have been lurking on this forum for a long time, and have learnt a ton from it. It feels great to post and be a more active part of the community now.

My CASPA was verified on 5/19

Submitted my supplemental on 5/27

Received the email from MEDEX stating that I have met the application criteria on 6/20

Does anyone know if it goes by when your application to Caspa was submitted or if there's a certain order? Sorry for all the questions I'm just getting a little sick over it would rather just know if I'm not getting in

Seattle typically does their first round of interviews end of September. Tacoma has been in December for the last three years that I know.. Unsure of when Spokane has had theirs in the past but I would imagine Oct-Nov or December as well.

Typically each site has their first round of interviews then there is usually one last interview that is held in Seattle that consists of interviews for all sites..

Don't count yourself out.

@Britt9583: It ain't over 'til its over. As far as I know, there's not a particular order for review. They do review them as they come in, but from that point, you might get an interview right away or at a later date and it doesn't mean anything. 

I know people who interviewed in September and who interviewed in December in my class. I know people who received an acceptance call exactly 7 days later and those from the same interview group who waited an agonizing two weeks or even several months. 

Don't count yourself out. 

The process is this:

You complete Caspa and get verified

MEDEX then gets your Caspa and pre screens you to make sure you meet requirements. They send you an email saying you've satisfied them.

You then wait.

It is somewhat on a first come, first serve basis in the order that they look at your application. Especially if you got yours in before the September 1st early deadline. They read hundreds of applications and personal statements. If they want to interview you then you will get invited. Don't count yourself out. Seattle does a couple rounds of interviews.

I graduated from the Tacoma site and there was two interview dates. The first round in December then second in January. If you don't get an invite for the first round. It is definitely possible that you could get an invite to the second.

I hope this helps clear it up a little. I know it's a horrible wait. Been there.

If I can help in any other way, please let me know. There are other graduates and current students that are frequently on here to help as well.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I heard last year about a few people getting very last minute invitations. However, they were for the second interview session for that site (Spokane's second round is in January historically)...not sure if that had something to do with it.

OK thanks! I applied for seattle and am anxiously waiting...hoping it's not too late for an interview invite for Sept 29th. The forum seems pretty quiet so I'm hoping a lot are still waiting...

So I was hoping some of the current students would be able to help out with my question here.

A while back I remember reading something about Spokane students having to be in Seattle for the first 6 weeks or so of their didactic year for anatomy? I am just trying to confirm if this is true or not. If so, does MEDEX give Spokane students a place to reside while they are in Seattle?

Thanks,

Greg

Archived