MEDEX Applicants 2016-2017

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the call. Then promptly started crying. Wasn't expecting that. Hoping to see an email soon to verify that it wasn't a hallucination.

I've been working so hard for the last five years to get to this point (nine years as an EMT, but five since I went back to school). As I'm sure many of us have. This was my third time applying, and first time interviewing. Anybody reading this who is feeling discouraged, just know that you'll get in somewhere eventually. Just keep grinding. Even if you totally messed up with school earlier in your academic career. I probably have the lowest sGPA and cGPA in the history of the program on account of those early failings. But you can make changes, find your passion, and start kicking ass in school. MEDEX absolutely will look at your entire application.

Emotions are crazy. Absolutely elated.

Are there any current/past students that wouldn't mind sharing the hours and demands of Spring A&P and summer quarter? Even fall also? I just want to get an idea about what to expect! Thank you in advance!

Hi! I'm a 1st year student at this point. Happy to answer your question! So personally I have to hear things like 100 times before I actually understand it. So it takes me a lot longer to study than most people. 

Spring A&P

MEDEX will probably tell you to set aside 20 hours per week for this. I honestly spend 30-40 hours on this class because there was so much information! But I know some of my classmates range from 10 hours - 50 hours per week for this class. But it does take a pretty good chunk of your time. So if you plan to work full-time, don't plan on have much party time. 

Summer in Seattle

This is a pretty intense quarter. You'll spend 9am - 4pm in class. And the rest of the time you'll spend studying. You'll have a exam every Monday that consist of 4-5 topics (ex. cardio, respiratory, GI, GU, Reproductive) that you'll have to know for the exam. But it is still possible to have one weekend day to yourself during this quarter! I personally had time to explore Seattle while I was here and try many of the amazing restaurants! 

Fall

This is a slower ramp up from summer. The first few weeks were pretty slow and I was actually thinking to myself "what is going on?!?!?" but it ramps up after that and you'll end up having 2-3 exams per week. And it will be similar to summer, but longer. 

I hope I answered your question! 

Hi! I'm a 1st year student at this point. Happy to answer your question! So personally I have to hear things like 100 times before I actually understand it. So it takes me a lot longer to study than most people.

Spring A&P

MEDEX will probably tell you to set aside 20 hours per week for this. I honestly spend 30-40 hours on this class because there was so much information! But I know some of my classmates range from 10 hours - 50 hours per week for this class. But it does take a pretty good chunk of your time. So if you plan to work full-time, don't plan on have much party time.

Summer in Seattle

This is a pretty intense quarter. You'll spend 9am - 4pm in class. And the rest of the time you'll spend studying. You'll have a exam every Monday that consist of 4-5 topics (ex. cardio, respiratory, GI, GU, Reproductive) that you'll have to know for the exam. But it is still possible to have one weekend day to yourself during this quarter! I personally had time to explore Seattle while I was here and try many of the amazing restaurants!

Fall

This is a slower ramp up from summer. The first few weeks were pretty slow and I was actually thinking to myself "what is going on?!?!?" but it ramps up after that and you'll end up having 2-3 exams per week. And it will be similar to summer, but longer.

I hope I answered your question!

Yes!! Thank you SO much!

Hello all! I was wondering if any students or previous applicants can give a little insight....has anyone heard of someone verified in July and receiving an interview at a later date like Jan? I still haven't heard a thing from MEDEX....at this point I'm considering it a rejection but any insight would be great! 

I got the call today!!!! Congrats to everyone who made it, it really is a life changing event.

To those who didn't get the call: Don't...Ever...Give..Up. If this is the program you want to be a part of, stay persistent. It took me 3 tries. This program is looking for more than grades and experience. They look at your heart and motivations. Best of wishes to everyone!

I got the call today!!!! Congrats to everyone who made it, it really is a life changing event.

To those who didn't get the call: Don't...Ever...Give..Up. If this is the program you want to be a part of, stay persistent. It took me 3 tries. This program is looking for more than grades and experience. They look at your heart and motivations. Best of wishes to everyone!

You got in! That's great, man. I'm Michael. We sat at the table and talked throughout the day. Excited to meet everyone in Seattle next year! Be sure to join the FB group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived