MEDEX Applicants 2016-2017

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For everyone receiving an interview invite when did you all submit and were verified. I submitted my application in late June, was verified mid July and still haven't heard anything. Thanks in advance!

I didn't take the GRE until 8/26. Received an email from MEDEX on 09/19 saying I passed initial screening and would be submitted for full faculty review. Interview invite yesterday. Good luck!

Hi everyone!  I'm interviewing on November 1st in Seattle.  If anyone is interested in meeting up the afternoon before let me know and I can arrange something. I live in Seattle close to where the interviews are held.  Let me know!  Looking forward to meeting you all.

I am also interviewing on Nov 1st and live in Seattle. I would love to get together the night before with anyone else interviewing on that day! Would be good to meet some people beforehand to help calm nerves on the big day. I can meet up anytime after 6

Can anyone tell me where to find the stats for accepted students? I've looked under the "masters statistics" tab, but don't see any specifics regarding science GPA, GRE, average HCE hours ect. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! 

I am also interviewing on Nov 1st and live in Seattle. I would love to get together the night before with anyone else interviewing on that day! Would be good to meet some people beforehand to help calm nerves on the big day. I can meet up anytime after 6

Awesome!  Let's plan on 6:30.  I'll PM you and we can pick a spot!  Anyone else interested in coming, shoot me a message! 

Can anyone tell me where to find the stats for accepted students? I've looked under the "masters statistics" tab, but don't see any specifics regarding science GPA, GRE, average HCE hours ect. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! 

I don't think they regularly post current GPA averages per class or HCE hours. I am not certain about the GRE but maybe a Seattle current/past student can speak to that. The site does post general statistics like gender, educational background and veteran status. They do though have prerequisites for the masters option which kinda speaks to the GPA and GRE. Those are minimums so if your trying to compare your statistics I would shoot for higher than just the minimums. Those can be found here:

http://depts.washington.edu/medex/applicants/program-prerequisites/masters-prerequisites/

I am a graduate of Tacoma Class 2 and I can say that the average HCE of our class was about 7 years. My HCE consisted of 13 years working in EMS.

Hope this helps you out!

Just wanted to say it was really great to meet a lot of you yesterday at the Seattle MEDEX interview! Wishing everyone good luck! :)

Likewise! It was a very comfortable and welcoming experience, despite the unavoidable pressure. It's an incredible selection model. Best of luck to all.

Archived