MEDEX Applicants 2016-2017

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to everyone!! Feel free to ask questions about the application and interview process. I know how tough the waiting can be, but it really goes by fast if you stay busy and enjoy the summer! Which you should definitely do, since next summer you may be in school ; )

I'm finishing up my second year, and graduate in a few months.  Glad to help with whatever questions I can.

I was wondering if you would be able to give me an idea of what the didactic year looks like in terms of class hours/study groups/homework? Since you're willing to answer questions! Thank you, and congrats on your upcoming graduation!

If you aren't submitting your application to MEDEX until June don't stress. They said in the re-application info session that the school doesn't even start looking at applications until June because they are busy helping the PA students that are just staring school.

Good luck to everyone applying!

I was wondering if you would be able to give me an idea of what the didactic year looks like in terms of class hours/study groups/homework? Since you're willing to answer questions! Thank you, and congrats on your upcoming graduation!

Prepare to have a very, very heavy workload.  Class ran from about 8:30 to 4:00.  Long lunch.  Some evening time, but not often.  I studied most waking hours.  You can probably get away with 1-2 free nights/weekend days per week.

@jlumsden-

Thank you for that insight. 1-2 free nights a week sounds nice. Right now I am working 50-60 hour weeks, going to school 3/4 times, volunteering, and have a family and some weeks I do not even get a night.  I am very excited yet nervous for fall to be here soon!

Prepare to have a very, very heavy workload. Class ran from about 8:30 to 4:00. Long lunch. Some evening time, but not often. I studied most waking hours. You can probably get away with 1-2 free nights/weekend days per week.

I'm also applying in June. I'm taking two of my pre-reqs this semester (Bio and Micro), so it really doesn't make sense to submit my app without those grades. 

Since there was a question earlier about the benefit of applying early, all applications will be reviewed in the order they were received. What that means is that on September 1st, if you're the first application on the pile, yours will be reviewed first. If you qualify for an interview, you will interview in the first session and can be accepted almost immediately after. 

At the info session I attended, the person giving the session said that it's possible to interview as early as mid-September and get an acceptance phone call the Monday after your interview. Yes, that means you can be accepted before a person waiting until the October 1st deadline has even submitted their application!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived