MEDEX Applicants 2016-2017

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am kind of confused by them.  I turned in my CASPA information, but it took a week or two to get verified through CASPA.  I have only received the thank you for submitting your supplemental application email and have heard nothing else since the end of September.  I do not even know if my application has gone through a review, been kicked out or anything.  Here we are 3 months later and I have heard nothing and I am starting to believe that I am not going to get an interview since the last ones I heard are for Jan 19th. 

I am kind of confused by them. I turned in my CASPA information, but it took a week or two to get verified through CASPA. I have only received the thank you for submitting your supplemental application email and have heard nothing else since the end of September. I do not even know if my application has gone through a review, been kicked out or anything. Here we are 3 months later and I have heard nothing and I am starting to believe that I am not going to get an interview since the last ones I heard are for Jan 19th.

If you read through this post, some people have already received denial letters. You obviously haven't, so I'm assuming you're still under consideration. It's late in the game, so I'm willing to bet that some people who are invited to the January interview won't be attending. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received my denial letter - I am going to try again next year. My CASPA application got caught in a cycle (the verifier sent it back to me three times even though it was correct - finally a supervisor took it over and completed it - I submitted Sept 1 and MEDEX received it Oct 4). I honestly don't know if the fact it was so late getting to MEDEX was the issue or not. Next year I will be able to get it in much sooner (no waiting for transcripts or verification). Hopefully sooner consideration will be helpful. I will also do some more observations and volunteering (easier to do now that I won't be taking classes). It's good to have an answer for this year - I had put a lot of things on hold while waiting - now I can move forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/9/2016 at 2:30 PM, Kristinnaaa said:

Hi! I'm a 1st year student at this point. Happy to answer your question! So personally I have to hear things like 100 times before I actually understand it. So it takes me a lot longer to study than most people. 

Spring A&P

MEDEX will probably tell you to set aside 20 hours per week for this. I honestly spend 30-40 hours on this class because there was so much information! But I know some of my classmates range from 10 hours - 50 hours per week for this class. But it does take a pretty good chunk of your time. So if you plan to work full-time, don't plan on have much party time. 

Summer in Seattle

This is a pretty intense quarter. You'll spend 9am - 4pm in class. And the rest of the time you'll spend studying. You'll have a exam every Monday that consist of 4-5 topics (ex. cardio, respiratory, GI, GU, Reproductive) that you'll have to know for the exam. But it is still possible to have one weekend day to yourself during this quarter! I personally had time to explore Seattle while I was here and try many of the amazing restaurants! 

Fall

This is a slower ramp up from summer. The first few weeks were pretty slow and I was actually thinking to myself "what is going on?!?!?" but it ramps up after that and you'll end up having 2-3 exams per week. And it will be similar to summer, but longer. 

I hope I answered your question! 

Thanks for the info! Would you mind sharing more info about the rest of your first-year experience? :-)

Archived