Quick Question Regarding Supplemental Application

While completing a supplemental application, I came across the question, "Have you applied to other PA Programs for this admission year?" and am not quite sure how to answer that. I thought the idea was to make it appear as though they are the only program you wish to attend. Any input?

While completing a supplemental application, I came across the question, "Have you applied to other PA Programs for this admission year?" and am not quite sure how to answer that. I thought the idea was to make it appear as though they are the only program you wish to attend. Any input?

That would be incorrect IMHO. The idea is to show them that you are a good fit for their program because you truly want to be there. ADCOMM arent stupid, they know that most applicants apply to more than one program. Some see applying to many as dedication to get in and become a PA, some may see many and think that you may have selected their program as a "back up" (as if those truly exist lol). You show them that no matter how many programs you applied to, you chose their program for a reason---and not because you were simply trying to increase your chances of getting in somewhere and not because it was simply the only program out of 150+ that you wanted to attend (because chances are there were others that were just as appealing whether you applied or not), not because you had no choice due to geographical and commitment reasons (some people cant move but you should still have a better reason for picking that program)--you chose the program because you researched the school, faculty, and program itself and you like specific things about them.

Others may disagree but this worked for me....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived