CALIFORNIA: Marshall B. Ketchum University

For those who are concerned or unclear with the provisional accreditation status (like I was initially haha), I spoke with the Dean of the program for more clarification and she reassured me that you will be able to sit for the PANCE. If the pass rates are low for the PANCE, the accreditors will ask the program to develop a remediation plan to address the low pass scores. Personally, I think the program is structured very well for students to be successful and there is a strong emphasis on PANCE preparation integrated into the curriculum (at least that was my impression during the interview).

Anyways, I figured it was important to share this information because I myself was unfamiliar with provisional accreditation. Also, I plan on attending the program (was accepted early December) so I look forward to meeting future classmates! Best of luck to everyone! :) 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who are concerned or unclear with the provisional accreditation status (like I was initially haha), I spoke with the Dean of the program for more clarification and she reassured me that you will be able to sit for the PANCE. If the pass rates are low for the PANCE, the accreditors will ask the program to develop a remediation plan to address the low pass scores. Personally, I think the program is structured very well for students to be successful and there is a strong emphasis on PANCE preparation integrated into the curriculum (at least that was my impression during the interview).

Anyways, I figured it was important to share this information because I myself was unfamiliar with provisional accreditation. Also, I plan on attending the program (was accepted early December) so I look forward to meeting future classmates! Best of luck to everyone! :) 

Thank you, this is very helpful! I didn't apply here this year because I was concerned about their accreditation status. However, if I'm not accepted into a program this year, I will definitely be applying here next year. Seems like a wonderful program! And in a great location too...

Sorry for the confusion you guys. I'll try to copy the exact text from the email I got this morning.

"Thank you for your interest in attending the School of Physician Assistant Studies at Marshall B. Ketchum University.

After review of your application, the Admissions Committee has decided to place you on the "Wait List" for an interview.The competition was intense and we found ourselves unable to offer an invitation for an interview to all strong applicants.

We will notify you if there is a change in your status. Please do not contact the admissions office about your position on the list as we cannot disclose how many applicants are on the Alternate list and your position."

So there are 7 of us on it (so far)? I'm hoping that the waitlist is about 20 people deep. Wish we knew the rank :/ but good luck everyone! Have any of you interviewed or been accepted elsewhere?

I have been waitlisted at another school for an interview....I haven't interviewed anywhere else, and am still waiting to hear from a few more schools. How about you??

Archived