2015-2016 Applicants

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed thank you letters to the faculty involved in the group interview and the professor who individually interviewed me. They all emailed back with a short message and a thank you. Don't think too into it if they didn't respond, they are so busy and probably receive so many thank you emails and letters.

I emailed thank you letters to the faculty involved in the group interview and the professor who individually interviewed me. They all emailed back with a short message and a thank you. Don't think too into it if they didn't respond, they are so busy and probably receive so many thank you emails and letters.

Sorry when did you interview and did you get an acceptance call.

I emailed the professor who interviewed and also Dr hogue. But did not get a response back. Now I'm worried.

I interviewed on Feb 8th. Still waiting for the status. Called Ronnie yesterday and I was told that she cannot share any information and may take couple of weeks to finish calling. She said that is not sure idea if the application status in UT supplemental application will be changed or not. 

It says Aug 22nd is the first day of classes on the regular 2016-17 academic calendar. So, I'm just guessing it's the same for the PA Program!

Classes start August 22 but we need to be there a week prior for orientation.

Did anyone send thank you email or card out after their interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent out 5 total via email.

Hi Guys,

This is also my first time ever posting on the forum. I signed up for an account, because I wanted to keep everyone posted regarding the acceptance calls. The forum has been really helpful to me, so I want to give back to it.

I got a call this morning (around 9AM) from Ronnie. I missed the call, but when I called back later this afternoon, I was offered a seat in the program. I interviewed back on January 27th.

Ronnie mentioned that, at this point in time, all acceptances are "provisional acceptances." After you accept the offer (over the phone), Ronnie will send the paperwork on to the college to process an official acceptance. She said that it takes about a month to process the paperwork. The college checks your credentials and prerequisites, and then it formally accept you into the program. Ronnie also said to look out for a letter to officially accept my seat. It should arrive in the mail in about a week.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for a call!

On a completely different note - has anyone looked into whether UT's Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS) degree with a Physician Assistant concentration has an effect (positive or negative) on job placement? I am trying to make a final decision between UT and two other programs that I have been accepted to  - the two other programs offer a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. I'd truly appreciate any thoughts or feedback regarding the different names for the Masters degree. I've researched and researched the difference, and I keep coming up with conflicting information.  Also, does anyone know if UT's clinical rotations ever rotate into Cleveland Clinic? I am leaning towards UT, but I just want to be 100% certain that I am on the UT train before I call the two other programs to give up my seat. Thanks you guys!!!

Did anyone send thank you email or card out after their interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not send out a thank you email or card and was accepted into the program today, so do not worry if you did not send one out! I do not think that it influences their decision. It was my impression from the interview that your GPA, letters of recommendation, essay, and experience were the only factors they considered at this point :-) Good luck!

Hi Guys,

This is also my first time ever posting on the forum. I signed up for an account, because I wanted to keep everyone posted regarding the acceptance calls. The forum has been really helpful to me, so I want to give back to it.

I got a call this morning (around 9AM) from Ronnie. I missed the call, but when I called back later this afternoon, I was offered a seat in the program. I interviewed back on January 27th.

Ronnie mentioned that, at this point in time, all acceptances are "provisional acceptances." After you accept the offer (over the phone), Ronnie will send the paperwork on to the college to process an official acceptance. She said that it takes about a month to process the paperwork. The college checks your credentials and prerequisites, and then it formally accept you into the program. Ronnie also said to look out for a letter to officially accept my seat. It should arrive in the mail in about a week.

On a completely different note - has anyone looked into whether UT's Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS) degree with a Physician Assistant concentration has an effect (positive or negative) on job placement? I am trying to make a final decision between UT and two other programs that I have been accepted to  - the two other programs offer a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. I'd truly appreciate any thoughts or feedback regarding the different names for the Masters degree. I've researched and researched the difference, and I keep coming up with conflicting information.  Also, does anyone know if UT's clinical rotations ever rotate into Cleveland Clinic? I am leaning towards UT, but I just want to be 100% certain that I am on the UT train before I call the two other programs to give up my seat. Thanks you guys!!!

Yup, that's true. I forgot to mention earlier that a seat is guaranteed once the paperwork is returned (signed) to the school and a deposit is made.

Hi Guys,

On a completely different note - has anyone looked into whether UT's Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS) degree with a Physician Assistant concentration has an effect (positive or negative) on job placement? I am trying to make a final decision between UT and two other programs that I have been accepted to - the two other programs offer a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. I'd truly appreciate any thoughts or feedback regarding the different names for the Masters degree. I've researched and researched the difference, and I keep coming up with conflicting information. Also, does anyone know if UT's clinical rotations ever rotate into Cleveland Clinic? I am leaning towards UT, but I just want to be 100% certain that I am on the UT train before I call the two other programs to give up my seat. Thanks you guys!!!

As far as what type of masters you graduate with doesn't matter. What matters is that you have a masters and that is in PA studies. Also passing the PANCE is equally important. Other than that. All programs adhere to the same standard.

Issue is they won't give out rejections untill they have the full 45 officially signed in. So they are probably moving down the list until they get the turn downs replaced, then get everyone to sign and mail back paperwork, the hold a few on a wait list just in case any of those fall through right before classes begin.

Archived