2015-2016 Applicants

I have family who work as teachers in Perrysburg and family that are students in the district there and they love it. It can be a bit more pricey but it's worth it for the schools. Not sure about the Maumee school district but there are very nice living areas there as well.

Thank you. I have a friend, who is a current student of the PA program (I believe is the class of 2017), he lives there, and told me the area was very nice and affordable. Either way I will be giving Toledo a few rounds in the next two months to have a better idea.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the current PA students there said that Perrysburg is a school district that has high ratings and is better for families and is nearby. I asked because I too have small children. But will be commuting. She has her children in the school district there. They range in ages.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I guess we are in the same boat. It is different when kids are involved in the process.

So you think one more week of calls? As in, this is our last week?

Yeah, I'm just guessing for at least the first 45 calls that they will go through, let's say, Thursday this week and then we will get an email Friday saying the first round of calls have been made. This is all hypothetical based on stalking last years forum, lol!

I talked to Ronnie today. She said they already make their 45 selection and calls will be going on for the week or so. They will keep going down the list until 45 accept. Based on where you are on the list. Still praying for a call. Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I knew how they were doing the calls. It seems they split the lists, but I just don't know how. Did anyone who has been accepted interview with Dr. Wishner? I interviewed the 22nd and am anxiously awaiting a call. I have also looked through the past years forums and I see a declining trend in notifications after the first few days. I'm hoping that this will be different this year. 

Also, Leo and anyone else who is not around here geographically, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will be more than happy to talk to you about the area. I live about 35 minutes away and I also have a young child (4 years old). I am not an expert on Toledo since I live on the Michigan side (Monroe/Newport) but I am more than happy to try and help, plus I can always check places out for you if you need a heads up or some pictures. 

Anyway, as always, good luck to everyone and I hope this week produces many more exciting posts of acceptance! I know how hard everyone has worked for this opportunity! 

Archived