2015-2016 Applicants

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called Roni today and she said they are done calling that they have filled up the 45 seats and that everyone who interviewed will be put on the waitlist. Remember though, that everyone has to send in the deposit, so we could still get a call if someone drops out! I know it is very disappointing, but try and keep your heads up!! Now we have more time to improve our applications!  

I called Roni today and she said they are done calling that they have filled up the 45 seats and that everyone who interviewed will be put on the waitlist. Remember though, that everyone has to send in the deposit, so we could still get a call if someone drops out! I know it is very disappointing, but try and keep your heads up!! Now we have more time to improve our applications!

I can't read this forum anymore...honestly I don't have any idea what they based any of their decisions on this year. And those currently in the program haven't been able to tell me why they were able to get a seat over others. Good luck to everyone reapplying!

I know it's hard and you want to compare yourself to others but you can't. I'm sure they look at everyone on an individual basis for a wide range of things. Programs normally have 8-10 qualifying students per seat in their program, so it's obvious that many students will not get in that are perfectly capable of becoming PAs. Don't get discouraged because of one program. And you haven't been rejected yet!

I am excited to say that at 3:45pm today I was called by Dr. Hogue and offered a seat into the class! I really didn't think that it would happen, but it did! Thats about as much of an update as I have, but if you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will tell you anything that you want to know!

I understand the frustration. I can only speak for myself in this circumstance but I don't qualify for many programs. I'm older and have been out of undergrad for quite some time. I applied to only one program. This was my one shot. While I am highly disappointed, I will try again next year. But there is no guarantee I'll make it to an interview. I wish you all luck and many congrats on your new journey. To those not accepted let's get back on the horse and try again!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I have no idea what they base it off of. I'm from Toledo, have great grades, extracurriculars, and shadowing and work experience, and I'm currently studying my Masters of Public Health at the University of Toledo. Maybe they're looking for diversity. Who knows. It's a shot in the dark. I'd apply to several programs next year. You just never know

I have no idea what they base it off of. I'm from Toledo, have great grades, extracurriculars, and shadowing and work experience, and I'm currently studying my Masters of Public Health at the University of Toledo. Maybe they're looking for diversity. Who knows. It's a shot in the dark. I'd apply to several programs next year. You just never know

When did you interview?

I am excited to say that at 3:45pm today I was called by Dr. Hogue and offered a seat into the class! I really didn't think that it would happen, but it did! Thats about as much of an update as I have, but if you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will tell you anything that you want to know!

I officially relinquished my seat at 3:30 today so I am glad to see that someone else on here was able to receive it!

As far as what they accept based on, I have heard that they put a lot of emphasis on grades. My overall GPA was a 3.97 and science was about the same if that helps you guys at all. I had about 270 hours of patient care hours as a nurse aide, I also had 50 hours of shadowing in 4 different specialties of PA's. I took a class about healthcare in the developing world in Zambia where I also got to observe healthcare and obtained healthcare experience there. Hopefully this helps clarify what at least one of the accepted candidates looked like. I also interviewed on the first or second interview date in February. I will be graduating in two weeks from my undergraduate institution.

Diversity plays a certain role in their decision process because the program is heavily vested in promoting it. I believe the interview levels the playing field and it's up to you to make yourself shine. Anyone can look great on paper but if your personality does not resonate well with the admission committee then it's time to reevaluate.

Diversity plays a certain role in their decision process because the program is heavily vested in promoting it. I believe the interview levels the playing field and it's up to you to make yourself shine. Anyone can look great on paper but if your personality does not resonate well with the admission committee then it's time to reevaluate

That's almost impossible to do with only a 5 minute 1 on 1, and a group interaction which I know everyone in my group got full points. Not knocking anyone who did impress them in 5 minutes, but I was rather disappointed in the schools I interviewed at who only allotted one quick "personal" interview. There's only so much personality that can resonate in just one personal interview, assuming your interviewer is 'there' that day. That feels like a lazy interview to me. Diversity seems to play a heavy role at this school.

That's almost impossible to do with only a 5 minute 1 on 1, and a group interaction which I know everyone in my group got full points. Not knocking anyone who did impress them in 5 minutes, but I was rather disappointed in the schools I interviewed at who only allotted one quick "personal" interview. There's only so much personality that can resonate in just one personal interview, assuming your interviewer is 'there' that day. That feels like a lazy interview to me. Diversity seems to a heavy role at this school.

I think I might have nailed all the diversity categories...except being male. I think those of us who did not get in. Which is to be expected. Not everyone can be accepted. We should really place the decision and the "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop"

We and the world may never know. We just have to accept that this year was not our year, pick up and carry on. If and when it's meant to be it will be.

There are other lives we still need to touch and we ourselves may need to develop more.

Keep the faith. One day we will hold the letters PA-C behind our names.

I think I might have nailed all the diversity categories...except being male. I think those of us who did not get in. Which is to be expected. Not everyone can be accepted. We should really place the decision and the "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop"

We and the world may never know. We just have to accept that this year was not our year, pick up and carry on. If and when it's meant to be it will be.

There are other lives we still need to touch and we ourselves may need to develop more.

Keep the faith. One day we will hold the letters PA-C behind our names.

Yes! And I welcome anyone who would like to connect or message me personally in the future for further information exchange. Whether that is about graduate programs, personal tips/tricks, and future career information! I will be at the newly founded PA Program at the University of Dayton in Dayton, OH unless I get that much awaited call from Toledo.

That's almost impossible to do with only a 5 minute 1 on 1, and a group interaction which I know everyone in my group got full points. Not knocking anyone who did impress them in 5 minutes, but I was rather disappointed in the schools I interviewed at who only allotted one quick "personal" interview. There's only so much personality that can resonate in just one personal interview, assuming your interviewer is 'there' that day. That feels like a lazy interview to me. Diversity seems to play a heavy role at this school.

The interview starts the moment you step in until the moment you step out. You can read any forum or watch Youtube videos and this is the first point they always mention. Every person you encounter during an interview will have some effect on their decision. That's the type of mentality I had during the whole interview process.

I think we all had that mentality. But that impression is pretty negligible compared to multiple one on one interaction with a faculty member asking questions. MMIs wouldve been more impressionable in my opinion than simple judgements. But hey, Toledo's not the only one. You have to roll with the punches of course!

I think we all had that mentality. But that impression is pretty negligible compared to multiple one on one interaction with a faculty member asking questions. MMIs wouldve been more impressionable in my opinion than simple judgements. But hey, Toledo's not the only one. You have to roll with the punches of course!

I agree with you. I was rejected by other schools so I know the feeling, it sucks.

I have a question, for those that have applied more than once or plan on applying again, do you recommend using the same personal statement or writing a new one? What if you don't have anything new or monumental to write about? Is it okay to use your old one and tweak it some? Or should you write a new one? Thank you!!

I have a question, for those that have applied more than once or plan on applying again, do you recommend using the same personal statement or writing a new one? What if you don't have anything new or monumental to write about? Is it okay to use your old one and tweak it some? Or should you write a new one? Thank you!!

I was wondering the same thing....

Archived