PENN STATE 2015-2016 application cycle

When are applicants that are not chosen for interviews notified? Does that occur on a rolling basis or does it occur after interviews are finished?

I do not know from personal experience but have a friend who did not get selected for an interview with us last cycle. She was only notified after the application deadline had passed. In general, applicants who are chosen to interview are notified fairly soon after their applications are received. Sorry I can not be more helpful. Good luck!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When are applicants that are not chosen for interviews notified? Does that occur on a rolling basis or does it occur after interviews are finished?

I do not know from personal experience but have a friend who did not get selected for an interview with us last cycle. She was only notified after the application deadline had passed. In general, applicants who are chosen to interview are notified fairly soon after their applications are received. Sorry I can not be more helpful. Good luck!

Just got my invitation to interview! Very excited!

Just a question for anyone who may know:

What does a real (not standardized) patient interview entail? I haven't come across one of these in my other interview experiences.

Thank you! 

You interview a real patient who is volunteering his or her time, not a paid actor or current with imaginary symptoms. 

What does a real (not standardized) patient interview entail? I haven't come across one of these in my other interview experiences.

Thank you!

Congrats! Don't stress about the patient. It's just another person interviewing you, but in this case it's one of the program director's patients. They will be the only one who hasn't read your application. That way they can weigh in on how they feel about you as an applicant and potential PA from an outside perspective and without being influenced by the rest of your application.

Thank you!

If you don't mind me asking, when was your CASPA verified / secondary application submitted?

Interviewing this Friday at Penn State. I'm looking forward to watching the Team-Based Learning session in action, and learning more about the program!

We're looking forward to meeting you! Your day will conclude with the TBL session so all of the interviewing will be out of the way and you can relax and hopefully enjoy it. Good luck!

To anyone interviewing on 10/23, I will be staying at The Comfort Inn at the Park. If you would like to get together before the interview I should be there around 2:00. Also I will be renting a car so i can take 3 people over to the interview with me. Let me know if you're interested?

Looking forward to meeting you and all those who will be interviewing! Enjoy your day!

Deciding to apply to Penn State now...anyone else applying this late? Seems like a great program.

Hi PAGuy55 - It is certainly not too late to apply to Penn State! We guarantee that we will not fill our class in advance of our stated deadlines. Any candidate who submits both their CASPA and secondary application by their respective deadlines will receive full consideration for a seat in our program. We continue to accept applications, review candidate files, invite candidates to interview, and offer admission to the program after our deadline has closed.

Caryn Stopper

Director of Admissions

Penn State PA Program

To all who interviewed today...so nice to meet you!! We hope you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed your time on campus. We appreciated your input on today's TBL session and hope you got a lot out of it as well. Please let us know if you have any questions as you reflect on your day. Best of luck!!

Archived