PENN STATE 2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of disappointed that I was not notified of any sort of status earlier.  After fully submitting in September, I would have hoped a decision on my application would have been made earlier, even if that meant sending out a denial.  

If they are currently wrapping up interviews, that means they kept you under consideration for the last several months.  Some people get rejected more quickly.  Unless somehow you've been forgotten, I'd say it's a good sign that you didn't get a rejection letter.  Now that interviews are winding down, I imagine letters will soon go out to the remaining applicants.  It's a tough process--almost as tough as being in PA school!  But that you were carefully considered means your application must have some strength.  Keep your chin up, and prepare to apply again.  Caryn and Chris are wonderful and will likely assist you should you decide to reapply.  Best of luck on your road ahead. 

Kind of disappointed that I was not notified of any sort of status earlier. After fully submitting in September, I would have hoped a decision on my application would have been made earlier, even if that meant sending out a denial.

Zoopeda is absolutely right. All applicants are fully considered until all seats have been filled. And, as we've been saying all along, our program honors its application deadline and kept seats open through the final interviews. With that said, acceptance decisions are only now being made for those last several spots. Not hearing a decision earlier is evidence that all candidates remain under consideration for the full duration of the process. I know this might be very different compared to what many schools do, but I believe it is yet another strength of our program and emphasizes the value that is placed on selecting the best students who will create a diverse class (academically, experience, and many other personal attributes). Hope we have helped clarify things.

For those who have not heard back from the program or will be declined, will the admissions committee be willing to let us know what we can do to improve our application?

As mentioned before, mid-March is typically the earliest that the program is able to provide feedback and when the incoming class has been solidified. Providing feedback earlier or throughout the process would disadvantage those who applied later in the cycle and who may also want to re-apply next cycle. This will still give you about a month before CASPA opens again. However, my biggest piece of advice is to NEVER STOP IMPROVING YOURSELF!!! Even when you are interviewing and waiting for responses, continue to get more experience, take more classes, boost GRE scores, etc!! That alone says a lot about who you are and how you will be as a PA!! You can't sit back and wait for anything!! Good luck!!

As mentioned before, mid-March is typically the earliest that the program is able to provide feedback and when the incoming class has been solidified. Providing feedback earlier or throughout the process would disadvantage those who applied later in the cycle and who may also want to re-apply next cycle. This will still give you about a month before CASPA opens again. However, my biggest piece of advice is to NEVER STOP IMPROVING YOURSELF!!! Even when you are interviewing and waiting for responses, continue to get more experience, take more classes, boost GRE scores, etc!! That alone says a lot about who you are and how you will be as a PA!! You can't sit back and wait for anything!! Good luck!!

do you know if the admissions committee met this week to make any decisions?  

I do not. While we participate in interview day, we do not provide any input to the decision making process and do not discuss any of the conversations that are had during the current student and candidate lunch hour. Again, having been in your place, we know the wait is the worst!! Good Luck!!

I do not. While we participate in interview days, we do not provide any input to the decision making process. We also do not discuss any conversations that are had during the current student and candidate lunch hour. Again, having been in your place, we know the wait is the worst!! Good Luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

Who do we contact specifically to request feedback?

• 1 month later...

Archived