2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys, i got invited to interview on Jan 12 tuesday as well. cant wait to meet y'all in person. from the open house session i recall that the interview will include the interview with a panel of atleast 2-3 members, there is a group activity where they give a task to a group of people to complete, the campus orientation, staff meet and greet, it might also include a few seniors from current batch. they do start promptly at 8am so early is the best. there might be a questionare as well. not sure on what though.

I still have not heard from UTRGV. Is anyone else in the same boat? I called to check on the status of my application and they said they were still reviewing it. From old forums, it looks like they had more interviews in March. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing this week!

I am in the same boat! I interviewed here once before and was invited in February, don't lose hope!

hi guys, i interviewed today. it was a pretty chill schedule. there were senior students on hand all day to help out in any way they can. they will answer most questions you might have about the program. staff mentioned they are targeting to make a decision reg the candidates early as next week. as for i could tell, . as of now they have invited candidates to interview only on the 3 dates this month. but did hear there were few students who declined due to accepting at other institutes so maybe they might invite more soon. the seniors mentioned the same. today there were approx 40 students who were split into 10 groups of 4 each. each group alternate on the group activities and interviews. so we ended today around 4 pm.

Does anyone know if/when they will be sending out more interview invites?

In the past years, they have had interviews after January. When I spoke to them concerning my application, they said they were "still reviewing it" and that was after they had sent out January interview invites. I still have not heard anything, and am optimistic that they will be having more interviews, but I could be wrong! 

Anyone called to check in today?

My friend, exercise some patience. I am sure they would have loved to give us our admission decision the very day we were done with our interviews. These things takes a lot of processing and evaluating almost evenly qualified 120 applicants for just 50 seats is quite challenging . I understand it is nerve wrecking playing the waiting game, just relax.

Archived