2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone else was confused by the financial aid email sent out today, I called the IT support phone number today and was told some of the online account enrollment e-mails have not been set-up yet. Has anyone been able to access their online UTRGV account yet? 

I received an email about acceptance from the graduate school and then one from the department chair. I was told a third email was sent out by Ms. Mealer but I never got that one. I called and was told it was delivered but still never received it so I'm unsure as to what it contained.

• 3 weeks later...

New to the forum. Really excited to be starting this fall!

A couple of questions:

1) After getting the acceptance email from the grad school, what should I expecting (and when) to receive afterward from the department as far as a confirmation email?

2) I am currently in another line of profession so my main concern at the moment is beginning the whole financial aid process. Should I begin and complete my fafsa asap?

3) I checked the FAQ's on the old website, they indicate that there is no security deposit but I remember a mention of an academy. Reading through this thread someone mentioned depositing an amount of $ to attend. 

New to the forum. Really excited to be starting this fall!

A couple of questions:

1) After getting the acceptance email from the grad school, what should I expecting (and when) to receive afterward from the department as far as a confirmation email?

2) I am currently in another line of profession so my main concern at the moment is beginning the whole financial aid process. Should I begin and complete my fafsa asap?

3) I checked the FAQ's on the old website, they indicate that there is no security deposit but I remember a mention of an academy. Reading through this thread someone mentioned depositing an amount of $ to attend.

1. You should expect to receive the letter acceptance by mail.

2. Yes. Apply asap, probably now.

3. Regarding to the deposit, no one has gotten email of how to send deposit. I emailed Ms. Mealer and she said everything would be sent in time.

4. I recommend to join our PA class's facebook. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1. You should expect to receive the letter acceptance by mail.

2. Yes. Apply asap, probably now.

3. Regarding to the deposit, no one has gotten email of how to send deposit. I emailed Ms. Mealer and she said everything would be sent in time.

4. I recommend to join our PA class's facebook. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I will join the facebook group as soon as I get back on facebook. 

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone, I am interviewing on January12! I am very grateful for the opportunity. Current students and prior applicants can you please share the interview format (panel vs group), pros and cons of the program and do's and don't that you learned from your experience? Thanks in advance and good luck to all who are interviewing this cycle! :-)

Archived