2015-2016 Cycle

I interviewed on Saturday as well. I too was put on Committee hold. I wish I shared your optimistic nature. This was my 7th interview and I have not yet received an acceptance from any of the schools. 3 wait lists, 2 committee holds, 1 no decision yet, and 1 denial. Not really sure what I am doing wrong as no one will give me feedback when I ask for it. Best of luck to you, hope you get accepted!

I remember seeing you this Saturday! I haven't been accepted anywhere yet either. I have been on a lot of interviews and have another committee hold, several places I'm still waiting to hear from, and 2 denials. It's frustrating to be sure, but a hold feels much better than a rejection.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on committee hold as well and I got a bit of feedback I got from my interviewer. I am a CNA- that has been my primary experience. The interviewer took my hand, held it, and said, "I really REALLy like you. You did an amazing job. Keep building on your clinical experience." So, I THINK my clinical exp was my big downfall? 

Honestly, I'm really sorry this happened to you. I don't understand why any school would invite someone to an interview who they didn't deem qualified in clinical hours. It seems like a colossal waste of time on everyone's part, not to mention money on your part. Maybe I'm not totally understanding, but this just leaves a foul taste in my mouth. I really feel for you. Best of luck and I know you will gain an acceptance somewhere - do not give up!

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten an interview and an acceptance letter.

unfortunately for me i still haven't heard from this program since i last submitted my secondary application.

anyone in here in the same boat?

I'm still waiting to hear about an interview. Hoping they will call me for January

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Declined seat today and accepted at another program... albeit very reluctantly, since Pacific runs an amazing program that I would have been proud to be a part of! Best of luck to those who are joining c/o 2018! May this seat be awarded to one of you highly deserving individuals on the committee hold list!

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten an interview and an acceptance letter. 

unfortunately for me i still haven't heard from this program since i last submitted my secondary application. 

anyone in here in the same boat? 

I'm in the same boat as you. Hoping to hear back soon! Would really love a chance to interview at this school. Such a great program 

From what they said at the interview this past Saturday there is one more interview session in January! This was my 4th interview, and I had been declined and waitlisted at every school I had been to previously. I also applied last year and didn't receive a single interview. I was overjoyed to receive and acceptance call this week from Pacific! It is so hard to stay positive throughout this process as difficult it is being told no so many times, but to everyone who hasn't heard back or recieved and an acceptance somewhere stay positive and keep your head up! Everything will fall into place, and it will work out the way that it is supposed to, I promise!

From what they said at the interview this past Saturday there is one more interview session in January! This was my 4th interview, and I had been declined and waitlisted at every school I had been to previously. I also applied last year and didn't receive a single interview. I was overjoyed to receive and acceptance call this week from Pacific! It is so hard to stay positive throughout this process as difficult it is being told no so many times, but to everyone who hasn't heard back or recieved and an acceptance somewhere stay positive and keep your head up! Everything will fall into place, and it will work out the way that it is supposed to, I promise!

Congrats!!! Would u mind telling me what changed in you app comparing the previous year to this year? I'm trying to figure out what to improve on for apps the next round! Feel free to PM! Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When I applied last year I had around 900 hours experience. I had just began a job at a hospital, so the majority of my hours came from previous CNA work. To be completely honest, last year was too soon for me to apply. I didn't realize it at the time, but after working full time at the hospital for a year I can not explain how much I have learned. Not just medical knowledge of procedures and surgeries, but how to communicate with patients, families and other medical professionals. I am so thankful I didn't get in last year, which sounds silly but couldn't be more true. So my hours have nearly doubled, but I also changed two of my people that I had write my recommendation letters. Last year I don't think my letters were written by people who personally knew me well, rather people who I thought would write a good letter and were qualified. I also completely redid my personal statement. Last year it was more stating why I wanted to work in the medical field, while it needs to specifically say why PA and have that be the main focus throughout each point you make. Feel free to message me if you have any questions though!!! And stay positive, I really believe that it all works out the way it is supposed to!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived