2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind too- as you have already read form others interviews can come at very short notice. I received a call and email mid Wednesday for an interview that Saturday. In efforts to not get my hopes up, I decided on not prepping for an interview unless I was actually notified of receiving an interview... boy, that was a sorry mistake- I had TWO days to prepare. So keep holding out hope even if the interviews are approaching, you may just get a last minute invite. And prepare for it just incase! ;) Good luck. 

Has anyone actually been sent a rejection letter? It seems like there are those who were accepted and the rest of us just got put on Committee Hold. Wondering if they don't really reject and just committee hold everyone...

Keep in mind too- as you have already read form others interviews can come at very short notice. I received a call and email mid Wednesday for an interview that Saturday. In efforts to not get my hopes up, I decided on not prepping for an interview unless I was actually notified of receiving an interview... boy, that was a sorry mistake- I had TWO days to prepare. So keep holding out hope even if the interviews are approaching, you may just get a last minute invite. And prepare for it just incase! ;) Good luck.

Has anyone actually been sent a rejection letter? It seems like there are those who were accepted and the rest of us just got put on Committee Hold. Wondering if they don't really reject and just committee hold everyone...

In what ways do you wish you had prepped better?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't bring resumes, etc. They have everything they need right in front of them, and there's always a possibility they may see something in your resume that they may not like such as an error, or formatting... anything. 

I wish i would have prepared better in the way of having all of the basic questions nailed down... Like why PA? That is such a tough one for me.... it's like asking someone why they like sugar better than salt or something, how the heck do you describe that in an appealing way? :) You get what I mean. Honestly after I applied, I kind of put the idea of an interview on the back burner so I could continue focusing on life. So when I was confronted with an interview, PA school had been out of sight out of mind for so long that I felt very unprepared. I just wish I had more time for mental prep. I had class both days that I had left before the interview AND an exam. I ended up skipping class and my exam because the interview was so much more important at this point and I needed the time to really figure out well rounded answers. I suggest talking through your answers out loud in front of a mirror, or just while you are driving...ALONE- so there is no pressure of judgement and you can really find out where you stumble with your words. Don't practice like it's scripted, just be able to express thoughts in a concise manner that flows. I noticed how much I rambled on when I was talking to myself, so I was able to see where I could cut back. Some parts of my answers were just completely unnecessary! 

Still wishing you the best!

Thank you for your detailed answer. It was really very helpful. I've been practicing hypothetical questions for months, but am still nervous about it. I can be a rambler when I'm nervous. I live in Oregon so am hoping for one of those last minute calls! All the best to you too!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Hello! I am new to this forum, but I got an interview last minute this past week for tomorrow morning and just flew in from Colorado today! Excited to meet everyone, if anyone is staying in Portland tomorrow night and would like to meet up somewhere downtown after the interview I am not flying out until Sunday afternoon!

I am so confused.  They had emailed me last month for an interview invite for January 9th.  But it looks like they have been calling people since then and offering interviews for an earlier session.. Does anyone understand why they would do this?

They probably receive cancelations and need to fill those spots. It must be easier to invite new people than to move people who are scheduled for later interview dates. Especially since it's very last minute and probably not enough time to reach out to those already scheduled to see who wants to or is able to change their interview date. That's just my guess though. Good luck to you on your interview!

Hello! I am new to this forum, but I got an interview last minute this past week for tomorrow morning and just flew in from Colorado today! Excited to meet everyone, if anyone is staying in Portland tomorrow night and would like to meet up somewhere downtown after the interview I am not flying out until Sunday afternoon!

Where in CO are you from? I'm from Fort Collins! Good luck on your interview!

Interviewed this past Saturday. Just heard back, Committee hold! Not sure what the chances for acceptance are but I'm just happy to not be rejected!!! :D

I interviewed on Saturday as well.  I too was put on Committee hold.  I wish I shared your optimistic nature.  This was my 7th interview and I have not yet received an acceptance from any of the schools.  3 wait lists, 2 committee holds, 1 no decision yet, and 1 denial.  Not really sure what I am doing wrong as no one will give me feedback when I ask for it.  Best of luck to you, hope you get accepted!

Those of you that have been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?  Since it's hard to get feedback from admissions committees I figured I'd play the game of trying to figure out where I am falling short by comparing my stats to those of applicants that have been accepted.  Maybe I can glean something and figure out how to improve if I have to apply again next cycle.  Thanks so much, and congrats to all of you.

Those of you that have been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?  Since it's hard to get feedback from admissions committees I figured I'd play the game of trying to figure out where I am falling short by comparing my stats to those of applicants that have been accepted.  Maybe I can glean something and figure out how to improve if I have to apply again next cycle.  Thanks so much, and congrats to all of you.

I'm on committee hold as well and I got a bit of feedback I got from my interviewer. I am a CNA- that has been my primary experience. The interviewer took my hand, held it, and said, "I really REALLy like you. You did an amazing job. Keep building on your clinical experience." So, I THINK my clinical exp was my big downfall? 

Archived