MDC 2015 APPLICANTS POST HERE

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent my application on October, first week. Test date 3/20

Would you mind if I asked what material you're studying from? And if you can can you please give us a heads up on how the questions are going to look like? I haven't received an email yet but I'd like to be as prepared as possible

Hi everyone, I got my invitation for March 23

what I heard there are not case studies, basic concept from AP only. How deep the questions will be, who knows. Everyone say different things. I wish someone could share a sample of questions, to see how the structure of question look like.

I wonder how much time you spent studying each day and what are you focusing the most. 

What is your hardest part? 

thanks

I wish I knew the structure of the questions too! It's killing me not knowing, if you can do you. Mind posting a hint of whatever you might remember after your test?

Got invited to the exam today for March 26th. This is my second time around bc I totally bombed the exam last year. But I had zero guidance on how or what to study so this year I'm hoping to do better since I have an idea of how the questions will be asked. Good luck everyone! If anyone is in the Broward area and wants to study let me know :)

Can you share how the structure of the questions are? Was it confusing?

Hi everyone, I got my invitation for March 23

what I heard there are not case studies, basic concept from AP only. How deep the questions will be, who knows. Everyone say different things. I wish someone could share a sample of questions, to see how the structure of question look like.

I wonder how much time you spent studying each day and what are you focusing the most. 

What is your hardest part? 

thanks

I have the same questions as you when you take the exam please post something to help the rest of us

I got mine feb. 27 and my initials are S.Z. I applied in January so I don't think it's by initials, maybe a different order? Test date 3/20 so terrified. Good luck.

Post something about the test so far I've only seen people say they have it on the 20th....I'm nervous

@jenru and everyone else asking for people to tell you what the test is, you realize this is a competition right? Just study what they told you so it's an even playing field. Having someone tell you exactly how the questions are is giving you an unfair advantage. And they shouldn't even want to tell you because that gives you the advantage they now have being their second time around.

Everyone just needs to study and not worry so much about how the test is because 90% of the applicants don't know either.

Plus, who is to say that this information is even correct? Maybe they are messing with you to give themselves an advantage. They didn't mention any chemistry in the study material but someone above said there was. Just a disparity?

Anyway, I think if you just study all the material you should be fine.

ArianaPA, don't take this wrong way but just as food for thought...ever heard of Karma. Sure this is a competition, sure everyone should study and do their part, but helping with insightful tips with a good heart could only bring satisfaction not competitiveness. Greedy thinking like that is why there is so much hate in the world...perfect example... road rage; ...why should I let you go, why are you driving the speed limit etc etc etc. I myself promise whatever is God's will for me to be accepted or not, I shall return and help out future applicants. Regardless no matter what your road is already planned, why not be a good person and help us right now that are in despair???.

ArianaPA after reading what I wrote, I apologize if I came out a bit harsh, but after I read your post I could see how any past student wouldn't want to share any information. Anyways just wanted to apologize as unfortunately you were only speaking the truth and the reality of how competitive this field has become. I only believe and want to share with those on this forum that being kind only brings good things back (eventually). Believe it!

dianitadee: I definitely did not mean to come off as being mean or rude. I'm actually talking about being fair and honest. Asking past students what the test questions were like is not very ethical as not everyone taking the test knows about this forum. Again, it's about everyone having an equal chance to do well.

I'm a very kind person! I promise lol. That's actually why I'm saying this, I'm thinking of people who aren't on here to get these "tips."

@zaback If someone is prepared perfectly and "fucks up anyway" then they weren't really prepared. Not doing well on the exam is probably a sign you're not ready for the INTENSE Mdc PA program yet...

Just ask yourself if you would be okay with getting a lower score than someone because you didn't know about this forum, and they did. I'm just surprised people come in here asking straight up "what was on the test" "kind of of questions" etc etc

I'm in complete agreement with this, and this is a pervasive culture that seems to have taken root on this particular sub-forum.  There have been past concerns raised by posters in prior years about this very activity, and to be blunt it is academically dishonest and would not be acceptable if you were a current PA student sharing test details.

Any further posts specifically asking about test details, or posts sharing test details are going to be deleted.  By no means does this not mean you can't suggest helpful ways to study for this exam, just as this exists in our PANCE/PANRE subforum.

Just ask yourself if you would be okay with getting a lower score than someone because you didn't know about this forum, and they did. I'm just surprised people come in here asking straight up "what was on the test" "kind of of questions" etc etc

You must be overworked. What you talking about, why are you then coming to this forum . Do you really think that disclose one sample of question will make difference? You are not saying what will be on the test, because I guess nobody knows, but how the test questions are made. I don't get what you even bother to reply here. Relax 

Zabak I agree with you. As for true anomaly, well I don't want to be disrespectful in any way shape or form. I am definitely not a spring chicken, I have been surrounded by all types of students, dated for many years an inteventional cardiologist while doing his fellowship. I have seen time and time again people getting together, creating forums such as this to help other students. This is not cheating nor wanting to cheat, this is about doing a different kind of research. Students on this forum are only asking what type of questions and what to mostly focus on, what is the harm in that???? Obviously when it comes to A&P there has to be a thorough knowledge of just about everything, obviously PA program is intensive and anyone interested in it has to be up to part. What I do know is the fact that it is so competitive makes others be greedy and insensitive. This forum should be for only those that are putting their time not just to study but like in every aspect of this world...be a helpful research tool. Thank you truly anomaly for making me realize that I have wasted my time on this forum. For those of you with a kind heart, May God send you great blessings.

Zabak I agree with you. As for true anomaly, well I don't want to be disrespectful in any way shape or form. I am definitely not a spring chicken, I have been surrounded by all types of students, dated for many years an inteventional cardiologist while doing his fellowship. I have seen time and time again people getting together, creating forums such as this to help other students. This is not cheating nor wanting to cheat, this is about doing a different kind of research. Students on this forum are only asking what type of questions and what to mostly focus on, what is the harm in that???? Obviously when it comes to A&P there has to be a thorough knowledge of just about everything, obviously PA program is intensive and anyone interested in it has to be up to part. What I do know is the fact that it is so competitive makes others be greedy and insensitive. This forum should be for only those that are putting their time not just to study but like in every aspect of this world...be a helpful research tool. Thank you truly anomaly for making me realize that I have wasted my time on this forum. For those of you with a kind heart, May God send you great blessings.

If you can submit a letter from the Miami Dade PA program director allowing the details of their entrance exam to be posted in an online forum which otherwise isn't already posted on their website, I will happily reverse the stance. Until then, to quote another great PA program director, good luck in your future PA endeavors.

True anomaly I do believe you have this all confused, for starters I have not asked anything regarding the exam. I was only shocked of the harshness of arianaPA comment. Second of all, and quote me if I'm wrong, no one could ever remember the questions verbatim from an exam. This forum as arianaPA mentioned is also to find out when has people been contacted, and others are only in great despair being that the human body has so much information and at a great deal of details. Students try to find some comfort by asking questions to answers they already know. I believe a great director should know this and understand that this is a very nerve wracking procedure. No one here is trying to cheat or get some kind of advantage, they only want to know more information to the vague information any PA program gives. Until I see the verbatim questions posted from the exam then I too humbly will reverse my stance. Thank you but I don't need luck, all I need is God's grace and mercy. Be well to you.

True anomaly I do believe you have this all confused, for starters I have not asked anything regarding the exam. I was only shocked of the harshness of arianaPA comment. Second of all, and quote me if I'm wrong, no one could ever remember the questions verbatim from an exam. This forum as arianaPA mentioned is also to find out when has people been contacted, and others are only in great despair being that the human body has so much information and at a great deal of details. Students try to find some comfort by asking questions to answers they already know. I believe a great director should know this and understand that this is a very nerve wracking procedure. No one here is trying to cheat or get some kind of advantage, they only want to know more information to the vague information any PA program gives. Until I see the verbatim questions posted from the exam then I too humbly will reverse my stance. Thank you but I don't need luck, all I need is God's grace and mercy. Be well to you.

the test had no pictures, just multiple choice questions, i remember one question in specific that kind of throw me off, it was about the intrapleural and intrapulmonary pressures if one increased the other one increases or decreases,

Diana that's a direct quote. So yes, people are saying exact questions. Here's someone asking a direct question: "Do you remember which Anatomy picture was there?"

There are a  number of WEB sites that offer test item banks and quizzes that can help one prepare for a test in the basic medical sciences, There are even a few that prepare students for didactic topics in PA programs. I did a google search a while back and was amazed at what was out there. Sorry I didn't write all of them down or bookmark them but here's a few examples. Hope this is helpful. Good luck to all.

http://free-anatomy-quiz.com/

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/sciences/anatomy-and-physiology-quizzes

http://lrn.org/Content/Quizzes/Quizlist.html

http://academic.pgcc.edu/~aimholtz/AandP/PracticeQuestions/ANPquestions.html

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/topic/anatomy

http://aama-ntl.org/cma-aama-exam/study/anatomy-physiology-practice-test

http://www.theonlinelearningcenter.com/free-medical-games/ID3412/anatomy-physiology-refresher-jeopardy.html

You are not being singled out, nor have I suggested you have done anything untoward.  This is in response to observations made about this forum over the past couple of years in regards to this exam.  It has nothing to do with sharing of information about the Miami Dade program in general, which is something we will always encourage on this school's forum and every other- so long as that information shared does not discuss specific aspects of the exam that is not otherwise available directly from the program on their website.

Acceptable: "I thought the exam was hard, but X textbook recommended by the program helped me the best to prepare for it, and thought I did fine as a result"

Unacceptable: "Can you tell me what anatomy pictures were on the exam?"  Or, "There was a question about blood flow through the heart".

See the difference?  If there is still confusion about this, check out the PANCE/PANRE subforum which does a good job self-policing posts regarding the exam without talking about exact questions on the exam that we cannot already find out from the NCCPA.

This is a reactive response to behavior on this forum, and a proactive response to prevent anything worse happening.  We only wish to preserve the academic integrity of what a program like Miami Dade is attempting to do with this exam.

If you have any further questions, I ask you to PM me about it as I wouldn't want this thread to become bogged down with further discussion about this particular topic.  Continuing to argue your stance on this thread will not change this position.  I humbly ask you to direct your attention to more constructive matters.

Thanx LESH, this is what I'm speaking of with helpful research tool, this is what this forum should be about. ARIANAPA let's just just stop with the nonsense and focus on what's really important which is to help each other out by different studying tools and not focus on what one person has asked. Once again it is very obvious and evident that we should study everything including basics on chemistry. Be well ariana.

Archived