Dear Future MDC Class of 2023,

Hope you are all encouraged and full of great expectations about this wonderful journey towards becoming a PA-C!

This forum is for you to ask questions, make friends, and keep connected to the MDC PA Students during this application cycle.

Cohortians of the three current MDC PA Classes will be available to assist and guide you in the right direction, so you can succeed.

We are looking forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

MDC Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO) Classes of 2020, 2021 & 2022 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gansakc said:

Dear Future MDC Class of 2023,

Hope you are all encouraged and full of great expectations about this wonderful journey towards becoming a PA-C!

This forum is for you to ask questions, make friends, and keep connected to the MDC PA Students during this application cycle.

Cohortians of the three current MDC PA Classes will be available to assist and guide you in the right direction, so you can succeed.

We are looking forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

MDC Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO) Classes of 2020, 2021 & 2022 

Good morning and thank you,

I was asking about the PA-CAT exam that required to apply for PA this year, it's very brand new exam, and no one know about this exam, as it includes topic not required in prerequisite as genetic, biology, behavior science and biochem.

Am asking if you can help me in this, and also what is the weight or percentage of this exam from overll backage? And as am foreign medical graduate, is still give me more credit as my MD degree?

Thank you,

Looking forward to hear from you.

38 minutes ago, Medo33 said:

Good morning and thank you,

I was asking about the PA-CAT exam that required to apply for PA this year, it's very brand new exam, and no one know about this exam, as it includes topic not required in prerequisite as genetic, biology, behavior science and biochem.

Am asking if you can help me in this, and also what is the weight or percentage of this exam from overll backage? And as am foreign medical graduate, is still give me more credit as my MD degree?

Thank you,

Hi 🙂

Unfortunately I do not have that information yet. Have you tried to contact the MDC PA Program yet? 

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all staying safe. I started studying for the PA-CAT in the beginning of April and am using Exam Master. It includes a few videos for very few topics on the PA-CAT exam such as Physiology, Microbio, Critical Thinking and part of Anatomy. How are you guys studying for it? Recommend any resources? I want to crush this exam, and I'm looking into ordering a few books. Ill post the books I am ordering on here for those of you that are interested! 

Lorena A. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gansakc said:

Hi 🙂

Unfortunately I do not have that information yet. Have you tried to contact the MDC PA Program yet? 

Please let me know.

Thanks

I tried, however about the PA-CAT exam is brand new exam and no one know about it at all, also I contact Jackie about the weight of the exam, but she didn't tell me yet, and I contacted the PA program, no one responded back, please if you know more information later, let me know.

Thank you

5 hours ago, lorenafbacra said:

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all staying safe. I started studying for the PA-CAT in the beginning of April and am using Exam Master. It includes a few videos for very few topics on the PA-CAT exam such as Physiology, Microbio, Critical Thinking and part of Anatomy. How are you guys studying for it? Recommend any resources? I want to crush this exam, and I'm looking into ordering a few books. Ill post the books I am ordering on here for those of you that are interested! 

Lorena A. 

Hello Lorena, am studying also for this exam, however the practice test on Exam master are very complicated and hard. And even they don't provide any material to study from. What's the name of books you are going to order? Did you already scheduled for the exam? Also do you have bachelor in science? 

We can be in contact yo help each other .

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you.

Medo

2 hours ago, Medo33 said:

I tried, however about the PA-CAT exam is brand new exam and no one know about it at all, also I contact Jackie about the weight of the exam, but she didn't tell me yet, and I contacted the PA program, no one responded back, please if you know more information later, let me know.

Thank you

Evening!

All the information that the Program has about the PA-CAT is on the MDC website. My advice, if I may, is that you use the website as your main reference regarding the application process, and read it several times because it has a large amount of information and it might be necessary to go over it more than once to understand the details, especially if the candidate is a first-time applicant. 

As you know, the PA-CAT is a new exam, so it might not be that easy to get much information about it before the date you are taking the test. Study a lot and do your best. I believe the cut off score is going to depend on the other applicants' scores, so I would not expect anyone from the Program to give you a number.

Please let me know if that helps, and feel free to ask any additional questions that you may have.

Respectfully,

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Medo33 said:

Hello Lorena, am studying also for this exam, however the practice test on Exam master are very complicated and hard. And even they don't provide any material to study from. What's the name of books you are going to order? Did you already scheduled for the exam? Also do you have bachelor in science? 

We can be in contact yo help each other .

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you.

Medo

Hi Medo, 

You're very welcome. I will be posting some of the books that I am ordering. My exam is scheduled for July 29. And yes, I do have a Bachelor's in Biology. Would be happy to keep in touch and help you, as well as anyone else during this process. We're in this together ! 

10 hours ago, na792 said:

Anyone know a rough estimate of how many other PA schools (mainly in FL) are planning to implement this in the future?

Hello na792 and thanks for participating!

I do not know. Could you please research it online and let us all know that information? Thanks will be helpful.

Thanks and have a beautiful day!

3 hours ago, lorenafbacra said:

Hi Medo, 

You're very welcome. I will be posting some of the books that I am ordering. My exam is scheduled for July 29. And yes, I do have a Bachelor's in Biology. Would be happy to keep in touch and help you, as well as anyone else during this process. We're in this together ! 

Hi Lorene, 

Thank you for responding back to me, my exam also is scheduled at the same of your day July 29th, I don't know about this exam until one week ago, and am looking for any source that is short and review help me for Biology , genetics and behavior science.

Is it possible to make Whatsapp chat group? 

And please if you can post your source as soon as possible, or if we can connect by WhatsApp to update anything new.

As you know this is very new exam and no one know about it at all. Do you know any students who are going to apply this year? Because I believe there are a lot of students do not know about the update for MDC.

Thank you

Medo

Hi Lorene, 
Thank you for responding back to me, my exam also is scheduled at the same of your day July 29th, I don't know about this exam until one week ago, and am looking for any source that is short and review help me for Biology , genetics and behavior science.
Is it possible to make Whatsapp chat group? 
And please if you can post your source as soon as possible, or if we can connect by WhatsApp to update anything new.
As you know this is very new exam and no one know about it at all. Do you know any students who are going to apply this year? Because I believe there are a lot of students do not know about the update for MDC.
Thank you
Medo

That’s great ! You still have time to study. Go to pacat.com for the PA-CAT study guide, sample questions and blue print. Use those as a guide. Also, Exam Master has some videos on a few subjects. They’re pretty informative. As for the books, I will make a WhatsApp group chat and we can all share information, help each other with sample questions and share study tips. Send me a private message with your phone number. I will start the group chat so we can all connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, lorenafbacra said:

That’s great ! You still have time to study. Go to pacat.com for the PA-CAT study guide, sample questions and blue print. Use those as a guide. Also, Exam Master has some videos on a few subjects. They’re pretty informative. As for the books, I will make a WhatsApp group chat and we can all share information, help each other with sample questions and share study tips. Send me a private message with your phone number. I will start the group chat so we can all connect.

Hello Lorena

I don't know how to send a private message here, if you can add me and create the group chat on WhatsApp.

Thank you

Edited by Medo33

Hello Lorena, is it possible to post the name of books you order here? Am looking something for Genetic, behavior science and biology.

Do you have any notes for these subjects? If yes please can you send it to me? Or any source to review.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Update! I found it! Thanks so much!!

May I please be added to the group chat? I’m excited to apply this cycle with you all. 

Hope to hear from you all soon, 

Shanice

Edited by Shanice4909
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello future MDC PA students!

My name is Katherine Gonzalez and I am the class president for Class of 2022. I will be more than happy to help you in your application journey. Please let me know if I could be of assistance. I look forward to hearing from you all! 

Much love,

Katherine Gonzalez 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! [mention]Kgonz156 [/mention]
Thank you for your post!

How is PA school going for you during these unprecedented times?

I do have questions regarding the application as I’d be a second time applicant. I understand that MDC may still be adjusting as I have not been able to communicate with any PA advisor from MDC to help me get some feedback on my previous application so I can know exactly what I may need to do to improve as a re-applicant, but most importantly, is the rollover application still being accepted?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...