MDC 2015 APPLICANTS POST HERE

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was advised not to talk about my score because it is a small part of the whole selection process. As ttkqq said, they score your app, GPAs, background.   Further, as I understand it, your final test score includes the score of your essay.  I don't think anyone knows how they did on the essay.  If you nailed it, it might offset a marginal test score.  Anyone have any insight into that?

I must say the secrecy in how they select is somewhat unfair. And what is the harm in saying your score it allows us to understand what the average was. . And I was un aware that they didn't pick the top 100 TEST SCORES but they looked for everything else as well, ifI kknew that perhaps I wouldve worked harder in the other areas, I wouldve gotten a bachelors then applied, what's the point of having an associate program if they pick those with lower scores but have a bachelors? ??

Mrs. Martinez scored my app in her office. She said there were 37 points possible on the application.  100 on the written test.  I think I heard 30 on the essay.  not sure where or if there were other possible points.  I'm not sure how all that factors in but there must be some matrix for it.

Zabak, it has nothing to do with arrogance.  I was advised by someone in a previous class not to talk about my test score or what was on it.  Again this is a competition.  All I can do is congratulate those who got interview invites and wish them well. If you read the boards from previous class years you will find the same things. 

As I said earlier plan B everybody, it is a combination of things don't feel bad. Heck, I have bachelors and a masters degree and more hours than you can count as well as being in nursing school for a second bachelor, I did ok on the entrance exam and excellent on the essay as it was a topic I had to do research on for my BSN. I wish everybody luck and best wishes never make one school your only option, always keep applying. I was interested in this program due to the fact that I could get a second masters without killing myself and my wallet... but I am still in the field and one thing that stands out; be the best and do better than expected. So when you do that head to toe be the better one catching clues and signs that others did not... In the end it is all about patient care and your ability to absorb clinical rotations. If you want to be a  PA or nurse you will and one program not sending you an invite does not define you. 

Archived