86 replies to this topic

#41 mconran22

mconran22

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

Took it on Monday and hoping for a quick turn around for scores today!

Any news?

I took mine on 5/26

#42 theredcliche

theredcliche

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

Any news?

I took mine on 5/26

took mine 5/21....we'll hopefully find out tomorrow. :)

#43 Sunkist77

Sunkist77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:02 AM

I think they still post results on Thursdays the following week, except for people who took it on a Saturday?

#44 lovemedicine

lovemedicine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:33 PM

PA-C !!!

#45 lovemedicine

lovemedicine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

The Result released at 7.45 am EST today. Took exam on 21/ May

#46 rookiejay

rookiejay

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

They give you a print out when you leave when to expect, then when you sign on to NCCPA and look for your results it shows the date to expect. I got mine about 4 days before the stated date. passed ! :D 

[h=1]“Be the change you want to see in the
world.” Gandhi[/h]

#47 ktcan10

ktcan10

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:06 PM

Taking the PANCE tomorrow. Spending today doing some deep breathing and very minimal review. I'm hoping for a merciful turn-around time on the results, since two weeks seems cruel and unusual (the nursing board gets theirs out in 48 hours and the therapist boards tell you RIGHT THERE). It still feels pretty surreal that I'm at this point...seems like just yesterday I was getting into PA school, even though I know an ocean of hard work, trials of spirit, and knowledge lies between that moment and this one. 

• woodsters likes this

#48 jlumsden

jlumsden

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Just took mine. Hoping for the best. Or at least a 'C'.
  • ktcan10 likes this

#49 Sunkist77

Sunkist77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

Really would appreciate anyone's experience with return time for results!

If you took the exam on a Thursday, did you get your results the Thursday the week after, or did you have to wait a full 2 weeks?

Very anxious to try to predict this so I can plan ahead 

#50 CaseaCakes PA-C

CaseaCakes PA-C

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

Took my PANCE Aug 22 (Monday) and received my score the next Thursday (Sept 1). A friend of mine took her PANCE the Friday, same week as me Aug 26 and found out on the same day as me, the next Thursday Sept 1. Essentially it took about a week, for us.  

• jlumsden and ktcan10 like this

#51 nicole1228

nicole1228

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:44 AM

I took the test on September 6th. It was harder than I anticipated but I also felt like I missed a lot that I should have known but blanked on. Feeling a little defeated as I guessed on quite a few questions. Does anyone know a rough estimate of the percentage or number of questions that we should get correct in order to pass? Someone told me about half but that seems way too low.
  • EMSGuy1982 likes this

#52 EMSGuy1982

EMSGuy1982

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:13 AM

I also took mine on September 6th. Definitely wasn't the easiest test for sure. I studied with Rosh Review and the NCCPA green book and the HIPPO PA videos. 2000+ practice questions and still left the test feeling like you did. Felt like I did just okay. We took two packrats in my program and scored 140 on the first and 160 on the second. I hate making educated choices ( don't like to call it guessing). I wouldn't try to guess/stress about how many you need correct. You studied and gave it your best shot. It's out of our hands now. Nothing to do but wait.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”<p>-Class of 2016!

#53 EMSGuy1982

EMSGuy1982

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:17 AM

https://www.nccpa.net/scoring

This doesn't make it any less confusing either. :-)
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”<p>-Class of 2016!

#54 PM2016

PM2016

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:47 AM

tested on 8/31..hoping for scores to be released today since it seems like thursdays are score release days. walked out of that exam feeling nauseous, defeated, and confused. hoping for the best today!

#55 nicole1228

nicole1228

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:27 AM

Ya I scored a 175 on packrat and was in the green for the nccpa practice exam which points to passing the exam but I did not feel like my performance on test day reflected what I knew and what I was capable of. Im usually a pretty good test taker but I changed so many right answers to the wrong ones and second guessed myself. All I have been able to focus on are the questions I missed. But you're right we just have to wait it out and be patient.
  • nicole1228 likes this

#56 jlumsden

jlumsden

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

I took my PANCE on September 1st.  Got the results this morning (September 8th).

By the way, I passed.

• ktcan10, rocketpropelled and EMSGuy1982 like this

#57 PM2016

PM2016

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:01 PM

PA-C!

email came in today at 8:51am (eastern)

My packrat score totally did not correlate to how i did on the PANCE. Received a 164 the first time than a 159 on the second exam which should put me at a PANCE score of around 600 according to the formula. Got a 475, but don't care because I am still a PA-C! haha 

• rocketpropelled likes this

#58 roxygirl19

roxygirl19

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:42 AM

Took my PANCE on 9/6, no results for me today. I felt pretty bad coming out of it, is this normal? I exhausted PA easy, Kaplan and half of ROSH test banks. The questions I had were not very similar to any of those test banks. Feeling frustrated and worried. 

#59 JohnnyM2

JohnnyM2

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:39 PM

I know others who came out feeling pretty bad. They passed. Just don't sweat it until you find out. I think most PAs sweat pance too much. More than 90% pass the first time. Unless you did poorly in didactic or your EOR exams, chances are you passed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#60 roxygirl19

roxygirl19

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:58 AM

Thanks JohnnyM2. 

I did really well in didactic (had a few tests where I thought I had failed but still managed to pass them all first time thru.) Scored passing on both packrats (increased score from year ones to end of clinical) There were just some random questions on my PANCE that threw me for a few loops. Still waiting on bated breath for my results. Fingers crossed for this Thursday!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PANCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users