devind1223

PANCE results 2016

87 posts in this topic

I just took the PANCE yesterday and was wondering if anyone knows when we can expect to get the scores back? I heard scores were released on Thursdays last year but I know people who took it this past Monday and did not get scores yesterday. I realize this is probably a little early since its the first week of the year. Obviously I'm just extremely anxious and am wondering how long my torture will be lol. Thanks for any input!

Too soon to find out the same week you take the exam. Most likely you'll find out at the same time as your friend next Thursday. My class just took their PANCE in November / Decmber with a few stragglers talking their PANCE this month as well.

You'll usually find out the Thursday of the next week after taking the PANCE.

Anyone hear anything this morning? Took mine on Saturday so I was kind of hoping I would get grouped into the bunch that heard today

You will probably hear next Thursday (1/21). I took my PANRE on Jan 9.

Where are you getting that info? *Typically* any exam taken on or prior to Monday will have results posted that following Thursday.

From the NCCPA website: "NCCPA will post your exam results in your personal certification record as soon as we receive the results (approximately two weeks after your test date.) We'll notify you by email when the results are received."

From the NCCPA website: "NCCPA will post your exam results in your personal certification record as soon as we receive the results (approximately two weeks after your test date.) We'll notify you by email when the results are received."

My point is it it rarely actually takes a full two weeks. Either way I guess we will see!

When I took my PANCE in 2011, you would get your results the very next Thursday. So, even if you took it as late as Wednesday, you would find out the next day (Thursday). You never waited more than a week. Then the following year as long as you took it by Monday you would find out on Thursday. But if you waited until Tuesday or later it would be the Thursday of the following week. In the last few years it seems to take at least a week but not necessarily two. I don't know what those of you who took it on January 7 will experience, but as for me I do not feel my results will be ready until next Thursday.

It is already 10 am so if you have not already received an email stating your results are ready, consider logging in to your NCCPA account. Some people said last year that the results were available to them before the emails actually came out.

I hope you did well.

I don't know why there is a rumor about score released only on Thursdays, but I just called NCCPA and scores are released any day of the week. 

That may be true but historically it seems like most people who post that they received their scores report that they got them on a Thursday. If your experience is different be sure to post it so the myth can be busted :-)

Some of my classmates took PANCE on Dec 19th (Saturday) and they got their results on Dec 23rd (Wednesday). In just 5 days.

That is awesome! I do wish that kind of turn around for all of you waiting for results! I would have to ask myself, though, how much did a push to have the results ready before the Christmas holiday play into their experience?

Nope. Nothing so far today. I took mine a week ago (Last Thursday 1/7). I realllllyyyyy hope it happens at some point today. Even friends who took it last monday have not heard anything yet. I have also head from various sources that results typically come out the Thursday after taking the exam. I figured it would be in the morning but hopefully that doesn't mean it can't happen later today. I have my temp license but need the actual license to get credentialed at certain hospitals : /

Really not looking forward to waiting another week…..

My friend called NCCPA this morning. They told her that they're behind on scores due to a system update that occurs in the beginning of the year but should be releasing a batch this afternoon. Fingers crossed!

Scores are up guys!!!! At least mine and the people I know who took it last week. I passed!! Wow so much relief. Good luck to everyone!!!

Ah I passed!!! Did so much better on Cardio than I thought I would...and not as great on MSK as I thought (guess because I studied cardio a ton more than MSK ha!) 

Congrats to all!! Can people share what study tools they feel were most helpful for the pance prep? Also, if you were using qbanks/packrats, what were you scoring prior to taking the pance? If you took the nccpa test, did your results correlate well with pance results? Thanks, and congrats again to all!

For about a year I watched a lot of onlinemeded videos when I had time and took notes on them (basically what he writes down on the whiteboard). Then for 5-6 weeks before the PANCE I went over my notes, used the Davis book and CD, and the Comprehensive book to read about the major sections (cardio/pulm/GI/MSK). I don't use Qbank but I was getting low 70s on Davis questions. For reference I got 130 on my first PACKRAT and 144 on my second one (no studying). With this I was able to score well into the 500s.

Just got my test result and now I am a PA-C.  I took my test Feb 6, 2016.   Took 12 days.  I got the email at 530 am west coast time that my scores were up.  I didn't wake up until 730 am west coast time.

They give you a print out when you leave when to expect, then when you sign on to NCCPA and look for your results it shows the date to expect. I got mine about 4 days before the stated date. passed ! :D 

Taking the PANCE tomorrow. Spending today doing some deep breathing and very minimal review. I'm hoping for a merciful turn-around time on the results, since two weeks seems cruel and unusual (the nursing board gets theirs out in 48 hours and the therapist boards tell you RIGHT THERE). It still feels pretty surreal that I'm at this point...seems like just yesterday I was getting into PA school, even though I know an ocean of hard work, trials of spirit, and knowledge lies between that moment and this one. 

Really would appreciate anyone's experience with return time for results!

If you took the exam on a Thursday, did you get your results the Thursday the week after, or did you have to wait a full 2 weeks?

Very anxious to try to predict this so I can plan ahead 

Took my PANCE Aug 22 (Monday) and received my score the next Thursday (Sept 1). A friend of mine took her PANCE the Friday, same week as me Aug 26 and found out on the same day as me, the next Thursday Sept 1. Essentially it took about a week, for us.