I must say, Kathleen Sebelius did more for PAFT than anyone. After saying physician's assistant more times than anyone could count, people were in a frenzy to talk about name change at the booth.

$10 says the AAPA didn't even notice.

Yeah, "teach her about it later." ::crickets::

Oneal, I may be daft, but I'm not getting your point.

Former Senator Elizabeth Dole, and Cabinet Secretary of the HHS Kathleen Sebelius, took the time out of their busy schedules to speak to the 6500 PAs who attended the AAPA annual conference. Their speeches, in support of wounded warriors and the PA profession's role in this, and the ACA, repeatedly and strongly applauded the contribution that PAs make to the health and well-being of America and her military. Both of these speakers got sustained, loud, and rousing standing ovations following their remarks from the thousands of PAs who were there. While disappointed by her reference (as were many PAs, staff and leaders), this is what I took home from yesterday morning's Keynotes.

Oneal, I may be daft, but I'm not getting your point.

Former Senator Elizabeth Dole, and Cabinet Secretary of the HHS Kathleen Sebelius, took the time out of their busy schedules to speak to the 6500 PAs who attended the AAPA annual conference. Their speeches, in support of wounded warriors and the PA profession's role in this, and the ACA, repeatedly and strongly applauded the contribution that PAs make to the health and well-being of America and her military. Both of these speakers got sustained, loud, and rousing standing ovations following their remarks from the thousands of PAs who were there. While disappointed by her reference (as were many PAs, staff and leaders), this is what I took home from yesterday morning's Keynotes.

Sorry you typed all that for nothing. I just meant the joke "teach her about the "S" later" on twitter was not funny to me.

Sorry you typed all that for nothing. I just meant the joke "teach her about the "S" later" on twitter was not funny to me.

I get it now and saw that tweet. The point of that was what she had to say was so PA positive and supporting, that we forgive her the 's faux pas. :-) I'm glad you looked at the twitter stream. It was amazing at the conference and at the House how much of this was going on.

I don't think having a realistic view of the bigger picture is "nothing".

You are missing my meaning, as did burnpac originally. He typed all that completely unrelated to my meaning of the "cricket post," in which all I meant is a tweet I read wasn't funny and in no way had anything bad to say about Sebelius. I'm sure she will do fine things for PAs on the national stage. As for, "nothing" I mean he gave a spiel for which there was no cause for.

So, again, sorry you typed that for nothing.

You are missing my meaning, as did burnpac originally. He typed all that completely unrelated to my meaning of the "cricket post," in which all I meant is a tweet I read wasn't funny and in no way had anything bad to say about Sebelius. I'm sure she will do fine things for PAs on the national stage. As for, "nothing" I mean he gave a spiel for which there was no cause for.

So, again, sorry you typed that for nothing.

I understood the mixup and I still found his comment useful for the greater forum audience even if it didn't address your comment in particular. No need to apologize.

I understood the mixup and I still found his comment useful for the greater forum audience even if it didn't address your comment in particular. No need to apologize.

Okay. Guess I'm the daft one then as I'm unsure why I was quoted if you simply wanted to uplift his post vs. trying to degrade my comment as they had little in common other than clarifying a misunderstanding.

At IMPACT 2012 in Toronto, the AAPA HOD addressed the name change topic. You can keep your $10 though.

Does it really count as addressing the issue when the HOD goes against what most PAs actually want? Who do these delegates even represent other than themselves in most cases?

Does it really count as addressing the issue when the HOD goes against what most PAs actually want? Who do these delegates even represent other than themselves in most cases?

Umm, listen, I am a name change supporter, but you can't say that "most" PA's actually wanted the name change. You can say that a plurality wanted it. But we did not have a 51% response in favor of the name change. We had a 45.5% response in favor of.

While there were 20.9% that were unsure, you cannot count them as pro...

I'm one who didn't vote for the change, but I can understand wanting it. I would rather see the effort directed at changing the way we practice instead of squandering it fighting with 50 state legislatures just to do a find and replace for all the occurrences of "Physician Assistant."

Umm, listen, I am a name change supporter, but you can't say that "most" PA's actually wanted the name change. You can say that a plurality wanted it. But we did not have a 51% response in favor of the name change. We had a 45.5% response in favor of.

While there were 20.9% that were unsure, you cannot count them as pro...

Fair enough, but I think it's safe to say that most PAs feel that physician assistant is not a title that accurately represents the profession.

Archived