2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

Hey all,

Quick question. On their application you are asked to convert quarter units to semester units. However, a 4 unit class only calculates to a 2.67 in semester units, so this course will not count towards the prerequisites since 3 semester units are required? Or would that round to 3?

Thanks!!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all,

Quick question. On their application you are asked to convert quarter units to semester units. However, a 4 unit class only calculates to a 2.67 in semester units, so this course will not count towards the prerequisites since 3 semester units are required? Or would that round to 3?

Thanks!!

My college started out with the quarter system and when I put in 5 credits, it converted it to 4, and when I put in 4, it converted it to 3. So I'm assuming it rounds to 3… 

For everyone out there, when did you all receive a confirmation that they have everything? My CASPA has been mailed, and their site says that I've completed the supplemental. They sent an email saying they would let me know when my file is complete… so should I assume that it is? Does it usually take some turnaround time?

• 4 weeks later...

I've applied too..probably wont stand a chance...their  past stats are pretty high....have you tried to use thier GPA calculator....even the

discliamer tells you what you chances are.....

So basically if your replacement GPA isn't over 3.8 and you Science GPA isn't over 3.7...you wont stand a chance....

I sent mine in anyways.....lol...

I've applied too..probably wont stand a chance...their  past stats are pretty high....have you tried to use thier GPA calculator....even the

discliamer tells you what you chances are.....

So basically if your replacement GPA isn't over 3.8 and you Science GPA isn't over 3.7...you wont stand a chance....

I sent mine in anyways.....lol...

I'm glad you sent yours anyway! I did, too :) You never know if you don't try! Good luck to ya.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't yet but I know someone who just got hers. She submitted her CASPA around October or November... If you recently submitted I wouldn't freak out... they have lots of supplementals to go through :) but they have started!!

Thanks....not freaking ...just wondering gl...

My college started out with the quarter system and when I put in 5 credits, it converted it to 4, and when I put in 4, it converted it to 3. So I'm assuming it rounds to 3… 

For everyone out there, when did you all receive a confirmation that they have everything? My CASPA has been mailed, and their site says that I've completed the supplemental. They sent an email saying they would let me know when my file is complete… so should I assume that it is? Does it usually take some turnaround time?

Hi

4 quarter credits does equal 2.67 semester credits as you mentioned. But, our requirement is for a minimum of 3 semester credits. You would need to take 5 quarter credits to have a minimum of 3 semester credits.

We don't round up.

We will look for an additional course that might give you the required credits. But that is all.

@zuri223 was that the first email you received or a second one?

I submitted to CASPA in August but had to wait to submit my supplemental in December after completion of a course. I received an email Dec 20th after I had submitted and then on Jan 2 received the "application complete / under review" message.

• 2 weeks later...

@rtn89,

All I have received so far is an email stating that my application file is complete. EVMS does not have rolling admissions so I don't expect to hear anything for a while. I was looking back at previous years and it seems like the program will begin sending interview invites out in June. The dates for the interviews are located on the website. I can't remember them off the top of my head but they are towards the end of July, I believe. Now we get to sit back, pretend to relax and wait to hear. Good luck to you!!

• 2 weeks later...

WannabePA-S is correct:

We received 2200 applications, and will be reviewing all the completed ones through the end of May. Then in early June invitations will go out to about 160 people for 80 seats in our class.

Interviews are 1/2 day for each candidate and held on July 25th, 26th, and 28th. In early August we send out invitations for our class until we fill all of the seats. We usually maintain a wait list as well.

Classes will begin in January 2015.

Good Luck to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

ummph, looking at the application stats posted on the EVMS website, the average number of applications is 1296.  I have a question about that.  Any idea on why the large increase in appliactions (2200 as stated above)?  Also, It appears that only half are actually reviewed.  How is that determined?

Thanks in advance for your response.

CrossfitEMT, We receive more than 2200 applications, and they all require some level of review. By the time you separate out the ones that do not have all of our prerequisites, or do not meet minimums for citizenship status, and grades (mainly grades) the number drops a fair amount. Then several hundred each year do not complete a supplemental application (no fee associated with this). So that's were the 12 hundred or so comes from.

With CASPA, it is easy to select additional schools without necessarily going to each website to make certain that you meet their requirements.

Archived