Anatomy pre-req online for cheap- suggestions?

I am currently getting my things together for the 2013 application year. I was a biology major in undergrad (grad 2010) and took everything except Microbiology and Anatomy. I took physiology and did well in it, but gross anatomy was only for nursing school students at my university. They only let other undergrads in if there were extra spots (which there never were, of course).

I'm not one of those over zealous "I was an accountant now I basically have to take 30 credit hours online and get a whole new degree while I work" people. I'm wary of taking online courses for my pre-reqs but I'm between a rock and a hard place. The microbiology I've got planned to take in the fall, but I need to take anatomy. The PA school I'm applying to wants either 3+ hours of phys and then 3+ hours of anatomy for a minimum of 6 hours+, or A&P I and II. I have the phys done like I stated earlier, but am having a hard time finding a decent place to take JUST anatomy for credit for a reasonable price. I do not need a lab.

The only thing I've found is UC Berkeley extension program that costs over $800 http://extension.berkeley.edu/catalog/course497.html

Any suggestions for anything better?

[btw, the other school I'm applying for in the area does not have anatomy and micro as pre reqs because you take them the summer you start with them- 27 month program vs. 24 month program]

Archived