CASPA opens today, April 17th!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol and on top of all that, we have to go back and check for mistakes -I kept mixing up the classes and semesters

Haven't had the strength to check my mistakes yet. Haha! I managed to get all my volunteer and HCE in, but now I need to figure out 400 unnecessary characters in my PS and delete them. Dang...

lol and on top of all that, we have to go back and check for mistakes -I kept mixing up the classes and semesters

Haven't had the strength to check my mistakes yet. Haha! I managed to get all my volunteer and HCE in, but now I need to figure out 400 unnecessary characters in my PS and delete them. Dang...

Question: If I plan on applying to PA school NEXT May (2014), would it be a good idea to start an application this year just to see how to put information in, list classes, etc? Or is it a waste of my time?

Hey, sarahb! I actually did exactly what you're asking about. I opened an account, started filling stuff in, and I thought it was a really good experience. It taught me how tedious it was to enter class info (lol), what to expect from my LOR writers, etc. So I recommend it! Your account is deleted at the start of the next application cycle.

Question: If I plan on applying to PA school NEXT May (2014), would it be a good idea to start an application this year just to see how to put information in, list classes, etc? Or is it a waste of my time?

Hey, sarahb! I actually did exactly what you're asking about. I opened an account, started filling stuff in, and I thought it was a really good experience. It taught me how tedious it was to enter class info (lol), what to expect from my LOR writers, etc. So I recommend it! Your account is deleted at the start of the next application cycle.

lol I wouldnt recommend it. If you dont actually submit, they delete everything. It's so tedious, that I wouldnt do it unless I planed on apply during that cycle.

lol I wouldnt recommend it. If you dont actually submit, they delete everything. It's so tedious, that I wouldnt do it unless I planed on apply during that cycle.

I started an app at the end of the last cycle to get a better idea of how it was set up. I also wanted to make sure there weren't any holes in my application based on the sections CASPA uses (specifically in the work and volunteer experience section) while I still had the time to add something. I filled in a school or two and added a class to get the feel for it, but it would've been a huge waste of time to practice inputting all my courses and the grades since it didn't carry over to this cycle. Knowing the whole thing would be deleted, I printed it out just in case and it's been nice to have that guideline. Definitely not a necessary thing, but go for it if you think it'll make you feel a bit more prepared.

So glad this cycle is finally open!! Feels like it's been a long time coming. I'm planning on applying to schools in TX, the east coast area, and a couple in New England and the midwest. Good luck to everyone!

I started an app at the end of the last cycle to get a better idea of how it was set up. I also wanted to make sure there weren't any holes in my application based on the sections CASPA uses (specifically in the work and volunteer experience section) while I still had the time to add something. I filled in a school or two and added a class to get the feel for it, but it would've been a huge waste of time to practice inputting all my courses and the grades since it didn't carry over to this cycle. Knowing the whole thing would be deleted, I printed it out just in case and it's been nice to have that guideline. Definitely not a necessary thing, but go for it if you think it'll make you feel a bit more prepared.

So glad this cycle is finally open!! Feels like it's been a long time coming. I'm planning on applying to schools in TX, the east coast area, and a couple in New England and the midwest. Good luck to everyone!

Archived