The University of Tennessee PA Program

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jaaldana it was nice meeting you on Thursday! Good luck to you, and all the other August interviews - just a couple of weeks until we should know! They told us half the class was full as of Thursday, however 4 people have declined their seats. They are accepting between 26-28 students this year. The interview was really relaxed, the staff was extremely friendly and it is very clear this will be a top notch PA program. Can't wait to hopefully hear back soon!

UT medical students do rotations in Memphis at Methodist Hospitals(there are four in Memphis), Lebonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis Mental Health Institute and the Regional Medical Center at Memphis(The Med) which includes a level 1 trauma center, burn center, medical ER and Rout Women's which has one of the best neonatal facilities to be found. Christ Community Health Clinics here in Memphis also receive quite a few UT residents. It is a low income/needy primary care clinic. These are just some of the sites in Memphis alone. Memphis has a large, fairly unhealthy population in all areas of medicine so doing clinical rotations only in Memphis wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm sure the PA program will have numerous clinical opportunities across the state and perhaps some students could pursue a unique clinical opportunity and get it approved.

JMann thanks again for the feedback on clinical sites! I'm from a small town on the East end of the State, and we have some hospitals/clinics (but not enough to meet the demand). In addition, our local hospital receives patients from southwest virginia, southeast kentucky, and other portions of rural appalachia with the majority being very low income families. I hope to get into UT's program so that I can come back and actively serve in the East TN region. I think UT's program would offer great teaching, great clinical experience, and a highly motivated/well-rounded group of students. Again, congrats to those who have gotten in!

Archived