The University of Tennessee PA Program

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received an email from UTHSC stating that over half of the 30 seats are filled.  They will be looking over the 60 interviewees from the month of August.  If there are any more seats after looking over those 60 they will conduct more interviews.

So, sounds to me like they plan to be full after looking over this 60...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit frustrated that I have not received any correspondence from this program (via email or phone). I completely understand how busy they must be, but over the course of three months, three emails and three phone calls, I haven't heard a thing. My application was sent 7/30, so I also understand I applied late. I suppose a new program is bound to experience a learning curve. Either way, good luck to all applicants who have been accepted! :) 

• 1 month later...

Hello! I was accepted for class of 2017 and just wanting to connect with some current students and others who will be in my class. Since the program is brand new, I'm wondering how the first year was and if there are any major disadvantages to attending a new program vs an established one. Very excited to be accepted!!

Also, does anyone need a roommate? :)

jrunner,

Contact Chandra for info concerning a Facebook page for you class. There was one set up by one of your future classmates not long ago. 

As for current students, there are several of us on these forums so don't be shy about asking us questions either here or PM. 

You may also be able to find a roommate via the Facebook page. 

Josh

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email from Chandra Johnson about the possibility of interviewing this Friday for the cohort that starts January 2015!  She also inquired about whether I had taken genetics, because that was the only course missing from my prerequisites (I will complete this course next week).

So my first question is why they would still be doing interviews a month before the next cohort is to start?

Secondly, I have rechecked the website and genetics is not listed as a prerequisite, but only a recommended biology course.  Did they change the prerequisites and forget to update their website?  Based on the quality of applicants did they increase what they felt was necessary?

I have been accepted to two other programs, but would definitely attend an interview if offered one.  This was my first choice school at one time, but it fell by the wayside back in August/September when I didn't get an interview.  It would be nice to start in January instead of next fall, that being one of many reasons to attend UT Memphis.

I received an email from Chandra Johnson about the possibility of interviewing this Friday for the cohort that starts January 2015!  She also inquired about whether I had taken genetics, because that was the only course missing from my prerequisites (I will complete this course next week).

So my first question is why they would still be doing interviews a month before the next cohort is to start?

Secondly, I have rechecked the website and genetics is not listed as a prerequisite, but only a recommended biology course.  Did they change the prerequisites and forget to update their website?  Based on the quality of applicants did they increase what they felt was necessary?

I have been accepted to two other programs, but would definitely attend an interview if offered one.  This was my first choice school at one time, but it fell by the wayside back in August/September when I didn't get an interview.  It would be nice to start in January instead of next fall, that being one of many reasons to attend UT Memphis.

I got a call from a PA faculty member and asked if I was still interested in an interview and he said it was because they have 3 open spots now. He also said he would let me know by Wednesday whether or not I did or did not get an interview but that was almost two weeks ago..

I got a call from a PA faculty member and asked if I was still interested in an interview and he said it was because they have 3 open spots now. He also said he would let me know by Wednesday whether or not I did or did not get an interview but that was almost two weeks ago..

Yeah, one think that has definitely been frustrating about this school is the fact that it is almost impossible to talk with anyone or get a response to any questions.

I was offered an interview for this coming Friday and I plan to go, but I have many questions that would need answering for me to change my plans completely.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am wanting to apply for PA school here and I was wondering if there was something you have to fill out for the direct patient care/shadowing hours? I know there's a certain amount to have, and I was not sure if there is a form that a physician would sign to prove you did the hours? Or do they just go from your word? Just wanted to go ahead and check to let the doctors know. Thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...

alssparks: I am in my second year at UTHSC and do not recall having to fill out forms for my healthcare hours.  They generally just looked at what was entered into CASPA.

DoNoHarm14: I don't believe they send out those letters, but am unsure. I believe they would send you a letter if you interviewed but did not get in.

Aaron Harris

UTHSC-PAS

Class of 2015

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived