The University of Tennessee PA Program

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be yourself is the only advice that really matters.

ETA: All of your information on paper is what got you the interview. The point of the interview, in my opinion, is to see if you are a personality fit for the program as much as is the program right for you.

I really hope that is the case! I feel like I did well during the interview and they were impressed with my personal statement, references and healthcare experience. I interviewed last cycle to a few schools and they ended up denying me because I needed to work on my overall GPA. I felt like this should have been one of the prerequisites for getting an interview in the first place. I was bummed... but decisions should be sent out next week! Good luck to everyone!!

I had the same thing happen on Monday. I got a robo-call from the hotel I stayed at in Memphis. They were doing customer service surveys. When I saw the area code on my phone my heart skipped a few beats, LOL. I still gave the hotel a good review, though ;) Good luck!

@Pewter17 - I'm not sure how UT will notify us, but my experience with other programs is that they will call/email and send post if you are accepted, email/post if you are wait listed, and email/post (mostly post) if denied. I'm sure it varies between programs, but this is the pattern I have seen most often.

I got the impression that they really want to put together an elite inaugural class. One that will set the standards for future classes. I am sure they are taking a lot of care with their decisions. If you get picked up this year, you can be sure that you earned it.

Thank you so much!! I thought it was like a page each. :smile: Feel relieve now. Thanks again!

They are not tough. A good paragraph long answer or so each. Just know why you're there and be able to talk/write about who you are. It is a relaxed environment. You'll do fine. Good luck.

Thank you so much!! I thought it was like a page each. :smile: Feel relieve now. Thanks again!

A shorter essay is not necessarily a blessing. Trying to tell your life story in a few sentences ain't easy! Haha! I'm just messing with you. You'll be fine. Good luck!

Archived