The University of Tennessee PA Program

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard anything about the application process? I looked through the website about a week ago and e-mailed the program asking when to apply and if it's through CASPA and such. They told me they would keep my e-mail on file and let me know when everything is set up. Anyone have different information?

I may be mistaken but I don't think they can accept applications (and therefore, you would be unable to apply), until they have ARC-PA accreditation. They are not even on the schedule until September 2013 according to their website. My school didn't get final accreditation from the state until the end March last year and opened up the application cycle the same day they received official word. Not saying this is the case everywhere, but just some food for thought based upon my experience at my program. Good luck!

Good info there JKidder. With UT wanting to start class in Jan. '14, there looks to be a 4 month application/interview window at best. Could be an advantage to be local… who knows.

Thanks JMann! Although, I am still not 100% certain if that is indeed the case at UT.

Our school had to wait for a state accreditation even though they already had ARC-PA accreditation before they could open up to applicants. Our cycle opened the last day of March (I think) and we started classes July 2nd. Interviews were held starting the 2nd or 3rd week of April and lasted through the 1st week of June. It was a quick turnaround. Our class ended up being filled 2/3rds with those that were living within an 1-2 hours of the campus (multiple states - it is near a tri-state area where you can be in 3 different states within 10 minutes) and the rest from varying outlying areas and states. This year they had over 600 applicants from all over the country. Good luck to you! :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I called today and Ms. Johnson (admission coordinator) said that the supplemental is for those who get accepted into the program. Also she said that she was going through applications right now. I was kind of confused about that because CASPA submits the first batch of applications this Friday...

I called today and Ms. Johnson (admission coordinator) said that the supplemental is for those who get accepted into the program. Also she said that she was going through applications right now. I was kind of confused about that because CASPA submits the first batch of applications this Friday...

CASPA applications are available online to the schools after they are verified. Some schools look them over while others wait for the mailed version.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I've found out thus far about the supp: You will not complete the supplemental application until they have received your CASPA and everything checks out. I called twice and left two voice mails over the course of a week and they finally called me back today about it. They must be swamped getting this program up and running!

Archived