Anyone else having a hard time choosing between multiple schools that accepted you?

I know it sounds like something not to be stressed about but it actually is almost as bad as waiting for the first letter was. I made a pros and cons list and they all broke even. All 3 are relatively priced the same and just as close to home.

School 1) is the soonest program to start as well as the soonest to end. It's mission and approach are very inline with my interests but their facilities are lacking greatly.

School 2) Is 2 months longer than school 1, has much nicer facilities and has produced a number of PA's I'm friends with.

School 3) Is 9 months longer than school 1 and 7 months longer than school 2, but in every other way is the best fit. It's ranked high, very professional and seems like a place I would do well in. Though the extra year is concerning for a number of reasons that are mostly about not earning an income for an additional span of time with a new baby at home and a ton of debt.

I got into my top two schools and had a very difficult choice. It came down to where I thought that I was going to get the best education for ME. Look at how they structure their curriculum and how they teach their classes - is there one school that fits YOUR learning style better than another? I personally don't care if I have to take classes in a broom closet as long as they are taught by qualified faculty. Are elective rotations important to you? All PA programs are 'generalist' programs, but some are more hard core primary care than others. If you want to go into a specialty, this may not be the best fit for you even if it is a 'highly ranked' program.

All of these questions may not apply to you, but it comes down to what program do you feel like will give YOU the best education and prepare YOU for a career as PA.

Just accepted to St. Johns New York), Kings & St. Francis (both in Pennsylvania). All to start as a freshman. St. Johns is 4 yr. Kings & St F are both 5 years BS/MS. All offered fat academic scholarships. Anyone have any thoughts, pro or con, about any of those schools?

School #2. The nicer facilities will make you very happy. Plus knowing people who graduated from there will make it a lot less stressful because you will be able to ask them for tips and not be a "deer in the headlights."

A few other things to consider:

1) Each school's schedule. Does the longer program offer more time at holidays or shorter class days during the week? I'm guessing that even an extra hour a day can make a difference with a new born at home.

2) Rotation sites. Does one school have better sites/extra offerings over the others?

3) Cost. You didn't mention this but its a big factor. Do they all cost the same?

Good luck!

I am as well. I have only been accepted to one program but have interveiws coming up at two more. All three schools are top ranked,

within the top 5. So I have been going round and round on what if I get offered a spot at all three or even two. What to do?

School 1 the school that I have been accepted to is amazing but the cost of living is extreme as it is in a major city.

School 2 I am leaning toward bc the cost of tuition is cheaper and I have family that

lives there that I could stay with. School number 3 is longer and cost more but I would be closer to home. I could drive home.

Any advice???????

I am as well. I have only been accepted to one program but have interveiws coming up at two more. All three schools are top ranked,

within the top 5. So I have been going round and round on what if I get offered a spot at all three or even two. What to do?

School 1 the school that I have been accepted to is amazing but the cost of living is extreme as it is in a major city.

School 2 I am leaning toward bc the cost of tuition is cheaper and I have family that

lives there that I could stay with. School number 3 is longer and cost more but I would be closer to home. I could drive home.

Any advice???????

Worry about it if you get into either of the other 2, not now.

That being said, school 2 seems to be a great option if you are worried about finances as you could save on tuition and room/board.

I was accepted to 3 schools and I chose the oldest, most established program because of their national recognition and long running reputation with clinical sites. The two other schools had newer facilities which would probably have made me a little more comfortable for the first year but I tried to remind myself I'm looking for the best education that will yield the best job. To me good clinical site placement and reputation were more important. In my case, they were all 24-27 month programs, but if they weren't I would have chosen against a 3 yr program. Two of my three programs also didn't require me to move, so that made things a lot easier too. Good luck in your choice and congrats on all your acceptances!

OP--

I'm also having similar issues as you. I have narrowed my choices down to Wake Forest & Northwestern (both PBL programs), and have been unable to make a decision. I can certainly relate to your dilemma. I've been trying my best to envision which program would give me the best education, but it's difficult to decide!

Archived