Concierge Medicine

• Administrator

As in people pay a fee to be part of the concierge practice AND the concierge practitioner then bills their insurance? No one that I know of.

I do know a number of direct primary care (membership, no insurance) practices and am considering moving to that for the family medicine portion of my business, which is admittedly a tiny bit compared to my occ med work.

I know a PA that runs one, he does well. He's also a good business man is in a high COL area. Not sure how his providers do that work for him. Think he employees more 1099 people and has a MD for medical direction. I've thought about it but it's grey for me, I don't believe people with a ton of money are fun patients to work for. I'll stick with taking care of farmers 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ventana said:

about 3m into one.... 

hard to get patients, but they will be with me for life (I am only doing medicare cause I hate (I mean hate) insurance companies) and I prefer geri patients....

Are you doing palliative and hospice as well? Seems like a natural addition to a geriatrics practice. You know them, they trust you. You help them live out their last days as comfortably as possible. Could be very gratifying work. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/7/2024 at 4:06 PM, EMEDPA said:

Are you doing palliative and hospice as well? Seems like a natural addition to a geriatrics practice. You know them, they trust you. You help them live out their last days as comfortably as possible. Could be very gratifying work. 

Good idea 

my hesitancy - I am building this on excellent customer service.  Having dealt with hospice and palliative care patients A LOT - they are high utilizers and generate a lot of calls, papers and the like.  Likely not worth the income.....

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 11:16 PM, rev ronin said:

As in people pay a fee to be part of the concierge practice AND the concierge practitioner then bills their insurance? No one that I know of.

I do know a number of direct primary care (membership, no insurance) practices and am considering moving to that for the family medicine portion of my business, which is admittedly a tiny bit compared to my occ med work.

I don't know any concierge practice that also bills insurance in addition to taking an annual or monthly fee.

• 1 month later...

Currently about one year in to a new concierge family medicine clinic contracting with a coal mining company for employees and any dependents on their company insurance plan.  Currently solo practice (collaborative Doc is available via phone call).  Patient population is great (blue collar and tough as nails), and very little bureaucracy as I only have to deal with one insurance plan for every patient, and only for prescriptions or imaging. 

Wouldn't change for nearly anything.

• Upvote 2